9/11

clarkz

hey guys, just watched a video today about the september 9/11 attacks. It was called 'loose change', it goes on about how they whole thing was planned by the american goverment to get out of its debt and invade other countries. I found it very interesting and could see why people think it was cause by the government not terrorists as you see parts of the building explode no where near where the plane hit, and so forth.

Just wanted to see what other peoples thought on this were?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E3oIbO0AWE here is the link.

Members dont see this ad

Well, its a good example of quote mining and logical fallacies. And like all good conspiracy theories, when you begin to poke holes in it they begin to come up with more and more ridiculous explanations.

Example, the Pentagon attack.

Truther: No plane crashed here! It was a tomahawk/whatever missle.

Fact: There are plane parts all over the lawn of the pentagon.

Truther: Well, there was a C-130 nearby, he flew over and started scattering piece of aircraft onto the lawn of the pentagon!

Riiiight.

Its entirely unsurprising that by setting out with a hypothesis to prove, they're able to find tiny shreds of 'evidence' to distort and cling onto and make their conclusions. I'm sure if your hypothesis was that giant invisible spaceships dunit you could find 'evidence' you could twist around to suit that theory too.

I'm not sure what they're saying the governments goal was these days, but if it was to remove America as a dominant power, destroy their economy and rack up $14 trillion in national debt, then mission accomplished.