Why We Rally A Corolla

trd

Members dont see this ad

when was that one??

we'll find out when we get the echo up & running. i also so remember a wrx finishing 5th at a kcf. your getting there mel, just need more miles

4th!! not that I'm particular or anything. Plans for next year are to get major miles under the belt - first up Rally Tasmania (170 kms in 2 days), then Targa Tasmania (squillions of kms over 5 days). I believe it's the equivalent to a whole QRC in 2 events! then I'll tackle Rally Q. No dirt events for 6 months, I may die!!!!!!!!!!

anyhoo, I'm dead keen to see this echo in action, when is debut expected?

when was that one??

4th!! not that I'm particular or anything. Plans for next year are to get major miles under the belt - first up Rally Tasmania (170 kms in 2 days), then Targa Tasmania (squillions of kms over 5 days). I believe it's the equivalent to a whole QRC in 2 events! then I'll tackle Rally Q. No dirt events for 6 months, I may die!!!!!!!!!!

anyhoo, I'm dead keen to see this echo in action, when is debut expected?

Have a go at the Alpine Rally, it is a great event and it is one that everyone must put on the must do list. It is run by the HRA every 2 years.

we had a ke70 rally car with a 4k and it flew. it did have a TRD uprite in it but they still go with a nicely worked 4k lie over in them.

Trendact, never mind what other people think, i know how hard you can get a 4k to go.

it's a good plan as starting in a low powered car teachers you how to drive fast and not rely on HP.

most people who coment on how slow a 4k is, know nothing anyhow. these are a strong little engine with some good mod's can produce some excellent figures.

our old car (1300cc) produced 137 ATW in a 790kg car.

we used a KE70

1:because of the 5 bar link rear end, a leaf sprung rear just can't put the power on the road like a 5 bar.

2:there's shit loads of them out there

3:same floor pan as AE86, so parts change over is easy.

4: wheel base is almost ideal for a rally car.

5: TRD make heaps of parts for these models and AE86's.

6: parts are easy to come by and cheap.

like the photo's above, that happened about 4 years ago. it was repaired in 12 days at a cost of $200.

3 bars were replaced in the cage, R/F guard,boot, L/R full quarter, but it's still got it's orginal roof.

I am going to start out in my little ke20 with an uprighted, twin carb 3k and extractors.. then once i get the hand of it might import a WRX from japan.. my mates import no complianced WRX for $8000, but he sold one to a guy in WA and he now rallies it.. but i would just kill my self if i started out with a WRX.. And because of this reason i will stick with my little ke20..