The Off-Topic Thread

rian

Members dont see this ad

But when you think about it, the bags won't go off under 30kph and i'd imagine that kind of damage would have to have been at highway speeds and not typical town speeds. Unless it involved a truck.

See how the body had been torn off the chassis rails. It had to have gone under something, like a semi-trailer. Thinking about it and most trucks have a bumper bar or bullbar down low to stop a car from submarining under the truck.

V240

pretty good for a vehicle with only a two star crash rating

Not such a huge fan of the ANCAP system. Personally I don't think it produces reliable figures. 10 different accidents will produce 10 different outcomes in the real world. ANCAP is reliable in the sense that you can only run into a deformable concrete block.

I'd want more details about the smash before declaring it "pretty good".

Didn't do so great in ANCAP: http://www.ancap.com.au/crashtestrecord?Id=338

Most other utes are getting 4 or 5 star ratings.

I remember when the D22 Navara's came out. Originally they were only a 2 star vehicle.

Nissan recalled the D22 and did a flash on the electronics to make the airbags more aggressive, then viola, 4 star Navara. :hmm:

Isn't that what the V240 is based on?.

I also like the part in the ANCAP report that said the V240 is not suitable for carring children. Bahaha