Safety Wattle Twenty

mr04ag

Hey All! Picked this little '71 SE KE20 up the other week, had a bit of a biff in the LH 1/4 but i got most of it out wthout damaging the paint, gave her a buff, painted all the garnishes 2 pack grey and 2 pack cleared the lamps, lowered her and love it to bits!!!

Here's a couple of pics... Just one of when i first got it and one of it lowered, buffed and with some dents pushed out :) and one of the dent in the 1/4 before and after...

Still gotta clean up the trim as it's very grimey. She's a 2 speed like the corona and staying that way!

I LOVE 71S!!!

post-3776-0-19317600-1316869503_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-17490600-1316869573_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-20940800-1316869302_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-02891900-1316869333_thumb.jpg

Edited by mr04ag
  • Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

ultimate cruiser!

Haha, me and some mates took it to Performance Car Mania the other weekend and by christ! I think it's got a ratso uni joint in the rear, the vibration at 70-80km/h is killer... settles down about 95 though... so great for around town cruising, not so great on the highway just yet...

Jeezuz.... between this and the shovel you are killing me.

What about the Panno? Haha...

I bought something else today actually so i'll have to get onto the for sale section... as i now need to sell both this fine Safety Wattle 71 KE20, AND the shovel...

Yeh I found the Panno thread after I'd seen the RT40 and the KE20 thread. Pushed my computer off the desk in a jealous rage. Hehe. Sad you have to sell the RT40 and 20, but that's cars. We always want more and sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

But I don't want to make sacrifices!!! LOL.

The new car I picked up is an RT40 1600S, really original too, factory twin carbs, disc brakes, booster etc all there, 4 on the floor with buckets and full instrumentation ;D but the interior has faded from crimson/maroon coloured to shit brown. I can't decide if i should keep the blue auto one and wall it and sack it with a visor, or keep the 1600S and Hayashi streets it, sack it and lip it, Haha... I like the idea of having the walled one cos since i sold my Hilux i miss having a sweet crusier, but i like the idea of having a one owner really original 1600S too!!!!it's all too hard.

PS, your Stout is THE BOMB, is it repainted or real clean? the old school air con is sick to death... i'm jealous of it, if that makes you feel better.

But I don't want to make sacrifices!!! LOL.

Amen brother!

The new car I picked up is an RT40 1600S, really original too, factory twin carbs, disc brakes, booster etc all there, 4 on the floor with buckets and full instrumentation ;D but the interior has faded from crimson/maroon coloured to shit brown. I can't decide if i should keep the blue auto one and wall it and sack it with a visor, or keep the 1600S and Hayashi streets it, sack it and lip it, Haha... I like the idea of having the walled one cos since i sold my Hilux i miss having a sweet crusier, but i like the idea of having a one owner really original 1600S too!!!!it's all too hard.

Jeez you're a magnet right now for awesome classic Yota's aren't you. I'm jealous as. Next you'll be telling us you found an RT55 GT5 Coupe.

My vote..... keep the 1600S and go the Hayashi's. Then, send that RT40 over to me as a show of good will. :wink:

PS, your Stout is THE BOMB, is it repainted or real clean? the old school air con is sick to death... i'm jealous of it, if that makes you feel better.

The Stout was repainted at some point in the past by previous owner. It was a farm ute only and had been parked up for 10 years when I bought it. The paint ain't so good but it came up okay with a polish and photo's are very forgiving. The air con is good fun. Have rolled it on a few of my cars over the years. Most people, even car people, have no idea what it is.

Jeez you're a magnet right now for awesome classic Yota's aren't you. I'm jealous as. Next you'll be telling us you found an RT55 GT5 Coupe.

The air con is good fun. Have rolled it on a few of my cars over the years. Most people, even car people, have no idea what it is.

I saw one of those air cons on a VW years and years ago... my old man explained to me what it was, i've wanted one since! but never looked for one, LOL.

OH EM EF GEE

I don't know if you somehow made this happen or not?? but I got onto an RT55 GT5 coupe today!!!!! NO SHIT!

The guy knows it's rare, he reckons only 5 got delivered to Aus, i've heard 10 before but am not sure, it's complete, and i'm yet to hear how much he's after but sounds like it's up for grabs.

If it's in my price range i'm all over it!

If not i'll be passing the details on to someone who has the budget.

So if i get it, the 1600S will be up for grabs too, LOL, it's not even in my shed yet!

Say something about finding a TE27... puh lease....

I saw one of those air cons on a VW years and years ago... my old man explained to me what it was, i've wanted one since! but never looked for one, LOL.

OH EM EF GEE

I don't know if you somehow made this happen or not?? but I got onto an RT55 GT5 coupe today!!!!! NO SHIT!

The guy knows it's rare, he reckons only 5 got delivered to Aus, i've heard 10 before but am not sure, it's complete, and i'm yet to hear how much he's after but sounds like it's up for grabs.

So if i get it, the 1600S will be up for grabs too, LOL, it's not even in my shed yet!

Hehe..... I have special powers :y:

Damn your finding some real rare toyotas man!!

F'the te27 I think the challenge should be raised a bit higher. I doubt you'll be able to find a 2000gt.

There you go. Lol Cooler than that fiat I saw in your blushing thread.

Stu.