People Wanting To Check Out Your Rolla??

BUZ440

Members dont see this ad

I'm a 'go with the gut' type of guy.

i once had a couple of guys who worked at the garage/servo near my place, ask me to show them under the bonnet, so they could see how the wiring was done on my alternator.

they said they were having trouble getting theirs wired(datto 1600)

one was in overalls, other was a behind the counter guy.

i obliged.

2 nights later my twin carbs were stolen...

so yeah, i'm a 'go with the gut' type of guy

Now that's a c**t

I'm not worried about the fast of those possiblity to stealing my car, its locked away and has a few tricky bits to get it started,

More so why do people get offended when you politely refuse to show under the bonnet?

The reason I prefer not to is I don't like people looking, personal preference

People also have a tendancy to touch stuff, they ask to have a look (involving eyes only) & then proceed to put their hands everywhere & anywhere. Safest thing to do as a viewer is to have your hands behind your back or stuffed in your pockets, less temptation that way.

Pretend you're at a gentlemens club & there's a HUGE, angry looking bouncer right next to you. :P

if it's just a personal preferance not wanting to show people under the bonnet y would u be taking it to a car show where that's the whole idea .

Having ur car there for people to admire and also get to see how everyone sets there car up and all the differences between cars

I don't take it to shows, cause its always dirty and i have spiderwebs in it, and don't really care about it

Generally I'm quite fine talking about my car to strangers and tell them all about it if I have time/can be bothered. Although I don't lift the bonnet up or talk about things like security/ where I live. Also make sure I'm not followed home or mates bring people over I don't know. Call me paranoid all you want but until you get your pride and joy stolen and wrecked you wouldn't understand.

Edited by Crowie55

Generally I'm quite fine talking about my car to strangers and tell them all about it if I have time/can be bothered. Although I don't lift the bonnet up or talk about things like security/ where I live. Also make sure I'm not followed home or mates bring people over I don't know. Call me paranoid all you want but until you get your pride and joy stolen and wrecked you wouldn't understand.

I knew(still know) a guy with a GTR33. It f@$king flew. Worth about 50 or 60,000 dollars. He left it out the front of someones house while at a party and it got stolen and wrecked. He still owns a 33 but its a GTS and it's not that great looking. Never seen him driving anything overly expenisive since then.

Only time anyone can view my car, is via a Rollaclub event day :) - otherwise I put on my 'leave me & my car alone' face. >|

Got a pic of said face? haha

I must not be doing it right thats all, hmmmm

I'm all for RC members also, helps if people mention it tho

heh too true,

Ok, I don't have a picture of the face (I can't put it up as it may scare members off), but if you really want to do it, you need to combine the following you'll get an idea of what I mean:

1st step

2nd Step

3rd Step

Last step

And NO ONE!! will ever go near you and your Rolla!

**EDIT** But remember, do NOT mix up the combination!

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo
  • Upvote 3