4Age Carby ????

RND.IGO

Hey all... Ive built a 4agte.. with all the goods... but ive lost interest.. and it still needs 2 be wired up etc.. i just want it runing so it moves and Can put it on the market...

i was thinkin bout just throwin a dizzy bak in it.. and seting up a 32/36 weber or 350 holly on the standered GZE manifold ?

So my question is.. what will it Run,Drive and under throttle be like ? Which carby should i use... ?

any help will be much appreciated

Thanks...

Members dont see this ad

Hey all... Ive built a 4agte.. with all the goods... but ive lost interest.. and it still needs 2 be wired up etc.. i just want it runing so it moves and Can put it on the market...

i was thinkin bout just throwin a dizzy bak in it.. and seting up a 32/36 weber or 350 holly on the standered GZE manifold ?

So my question is.. what will it Run,Drive and under throttle be like ? Which carby should i use... ?

any help will be much appreciated

Thanks...

I'm not an expert and wouldn't know which carby you should choose, but if you're in a real hurry to get rid of it then why not just pay someone to wire it up? Or just sell it as is and let someone else deal with the wiring?

Sorry i should hav explained my self betta...

yeah it needs wiring etc few bits and pieces... and will need a tune.. I'm just not really that Crash HOT with it anymore... want a different project..

its a standered rebuild 4agze.. with cometic head gasket and head work... not sure of comp ? can that tell u anything...

why carnt i just use a standered 4age Dizzy ?

Willis is right-

Sadly, either it is running smoothly & registered, or its nearly worthless.

Anytime an ad says "just needs finishing" or "needs a tune" it means the car is a dog and needs heaps of time and sorting out.

So you'd be best to either give up and flick it for what you can get, or finish it and make the extra dollars.

...and if you had "built" the 4AGTE you would know what the compression ratio was. On here tonight somewhere is a graph of compression versus turbo pressure, and you can see quite clearly that a CR of about 9 becomes 13 under boost. So if you are only boosting at 7psi you will have an abysmal CR without the boost, and it will crawl...

Trev explained the distributor issue for you. Your standard distributor wont allow ignition or timing advance(I think). He also suggested using a Hyperpak but mentioned that they're about 300 bucks.

If all you need to do is the wiring and get it tuned then why bother converting back to carby. The door's open, you just have to walk through it.

Otherwise just sell it.

yeah i didnt build the motor... and the mob that did.. hav now retired... so i carnt chase that up...

I'm still lookin at $2k plus be4 its runin..

I don't understand wats the go with the coil ????? a standered dizzy is a standered dizzy yeah ???? Can some 1 please explain ?

I'm sure it should still REV hard and Belt tyres...

Its not in a ROLLA its in a GEMINI... in which No matter if its Turbo'd or N/A... it will be different and people Like that...

I'm sure ill Make some dollar bak on all my NEW gear... C.A.S,Haltech,MSD coils,turbo,Cooler,Fuel setup,Etc,Etc....

the standard dizzy works in conjunction with the ECU to give you your ignition curve.

if you use the standard dizzy WITHOUT the standard ecu (or another ECU) it WILL NOT WORK.

4age carby are not exactly a new thing, people have adapted all sorts of distributers to work, but they have all had to be custom made. thus more dollars. i think people have adapted 4k distributers to work on 4age. but you need to get them modified.

by the sounds of it you have already sunk alot of funds into this car, bets to finish it. or part it out.

some info here,

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=11565

Trev explained the distributor issue for you. Your standard distributor wont allow ignition or timing advance(I think). He also suggested using a Hyperpak but mentioned that they're about 300 bucks.

If all you need to do is the wiring and get it tuned then why bother converting back to carby. The door's open, you just have to walk through it.

Otherwise just sell it.

How I ran my 4ag at 1st before I got the hyperpak.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/14788-trevs-ae71-panelvan-na-bigport/page__st__180__p__248998#entry248998

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/14788-trevs-ae71-panelvan-na-bigport/page__st__180__p__249182#entry249182

if you use the standard dizzy WITHOUT the standard ecu (or another ECU) it WILL NOT WORK.

Ah true Thanks mate...

so if i use the hyper pak ill be right ?

I'm gunna chuck a carbs on and just see how i go....

Don't listen to the above as it is just BS, the links I posted are of my 4ag running the standard dizzy and ignition coil (no igniter needed), using the bosch ignition module like that from an ae82 dizzy (on the coil in my 2nd link/pic above), the only thing you need advance for is economy, you will not lack power without it, if you wanna do this then here is where I got the idea from:

Terminal '15' is fed with 12 volts when the ignition is turned on. Terminal '16' is wired to the negative post on the coil (any old coil will do). Terminal '7' goes to the black wire coming from the distributor. Terminal '3' is connected to the red wire. The white wire is cut and not used.

http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/phil.bradshaw/modifications.htm

I know people are here telling you that it is going to be a slug and what not but it is a damn lot easier to sell a car while it is running then not, if you get stuck then feel free to pm me.