Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Spike" The Ke55 Rally Car Build.

Featured Replies

Hi Guys,

 

I'm SatNav (or Tom), I am new to the corolla scene but enjoying every minute of it!

 

Ive recently built a KE55 Rally Car, below are some photos of the build. (I have almost 100 so far)

 

It's currently a stock 4k engine complete with webber carby and a 4spd k40 gearbox.

The interior has a 6 point roll cage with double side intrusion bars, sparco sprint v race seats and 4 point harnesses.

 

When I got the car it had rust in the usual spots(so I have been told) but not a great deal, so it was an easy fix and the paint job was the fun part! :)

 

Please let me know if you have any suggestions ect.. as with any car there are always improvements to be made!

 

spike-finished.jpeg

spike1.jpeg

spike2.jpeg

spike8.jpeg

spike11.jpeg

spike15.jpeg

spike20.jpeg

spike23.jpeg

spike27.jpeg

spike28.jpeg

spike32.jpeg

spike33.jpeg

spike35.jpeg

spike43.jpeg

spike44.jpeg

spike45.jpeg

spike50.jpeg

spike51.jpeg

spike52.jpeg

spike54.jpeg

spike59.jpeg

spike63.jpeg

spike64.jpeg

spike65.jpeg

spike66.jpeg

spike67.jpeg

 

cheers,

SatNav!

Edited by SatNav

Welcome Tom!

 

That's awesome, paints almost like dazzle camouflage. That the idea or just a cool design?

 

Did you manage to get your car logbooked before the rollcage changes came into effect?

  • Author

Welcome Tom!

 

That's awesome, paints almost like dazzle camouflage. That the idea or just a cool design?

 

Did you manage to get your car logbooked before the rollcage changes came into effect?

 

Thanks ironkin,

 

I hadn't actually seen that dazzle camouflage before, looks very similar though!

The design came around by just playing around in photoshop and looking at other designs, its safe to say its one of a kind!

 

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get it logbooked yet I wasn't aware of any recent changes?

I am in the process of getting club permit plates for it so I can drive it to and from close events. :)

 

Cheers :)

Wow! This looks great. All the best with the car and the Gearbox. :)

 

Cheers,

Woz & Josh :cool:

Edited by ewt

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get it logbooked yet I wasn't aware of any recent changes?

I am in the process of getting club permit plates for it so I can drive it to and from close events. :)

 

Cheers :)

 

Cool cool, I'd get onto it ASAP, definitely before the end of the year. From what I've read of the specs (though I've got no experience building or registering cages) the only thing that doesn't seem to comply with the new regs is your roof bar.

 

Here's the new Schedule J: http://www.camsmanual.com.au/pdf/10_gen_req/GQ11_2012_Schedule_J_Q411.pdf

  • Author

Thanks Ben, I will get onto it ASAP Now :)

 

From the new Schedule J, it would seem my cage is very close to the J-35 one listed. unless I have misunderstood what you meant by roof bar?

Looks awesome. What sort of wheels are they and where did you get them from? They look a hell of a lot like the old Enkei wheels the classic Datsun's used to run. Super cool!

That's a lot of work in the body already.

 

What brake setup are you going to run?? Adjustable bias?? Hydraulic handbrake?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Author

Looks awesome. What sort of wheels are they and where did you get them from? They look a hell of a lot like the old Enkei wheels the classic Datsun's used to run. Super cool!

Thanks! I got the wheels from Trackside Race and Rally in Kilsyth, Not quite sure of the brand. He had them lying around.

The Tyres are Silverstone 14" s505's

 

That's a lot of work in the body already.

 

What brake setup are you going to run?? Adjustable bias?? Hydraulic handbrake?

Yeah! your not wrong there! worth every minute of it though!

 

Spikes off to Brakes Plus in the next week or so to get the Hydraulic Handbrake fitted. :)

Nice build. You'll have a fat time with that.

 

Any reason for 505's all round? I used to run 505's as a drive tyre, and the 55's as a steer. To be blunt, I didn't rate them. The 505's were fine as a drive, but sucked as a steer, and to make the 55's work, we cut them, and even then they weren't the best. Silverstones are a great price, but that's about where they stop for me. :(

 

I'd really like your opinion once you've run on them. :yes:

Cheers

 

R

  • 11 months later...
  • Author

Just an Update!

Spike was rolled in April during a Race Event :(

 

Currently Half way through the rebuild phase... Follow its progress here http://www.facebook.com/spike.rallycar :)

lol- the fate of many a rally car!

 

There's a free shell here in Orange if you want to pick it up sometime... Rob has it cluttering up his backyard.

 

Come up for the Orange Rally next year and bring an extra trailer.

Shame about the roll, good luck with the build. You're inspiring me with the '70 :)

Looking foward to seeing u out and racing ;) Maybe u might see me in my rolla :P

 

 

See ya

 

jimi

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.