Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae92 Suspesion Conversion

Featured Replies

Hey Guys/Gals

I have recently bought myself a AE92 Seca and am looking at upgrading the suspension.

I was wondering if AE101-102 front struts (going aftermarket ofcourse) would fit undr my guards?

I was also looking at taking the hub assembly from the same model to get vented rotors and different calipers.

 

If anyone has any advice please let me know

 

Tom :)

Hey Guys/Gals

I have recently bought myself a AE92 Seca and am looking at upgrading the suspension.

I was wondering if AE101-102 front struts (going aftermarket ofcourse) would fit undr my guards?

I was also looking at taking the hub assembly from the same model to get vented rotors and different calipers.

 

If anyone has any advice please let me know

 

Tom :)

hi tom if you can get a set of rv seca susp and larger disc asemblies front and rear it will help cheers lou

  • Author

hi tom if you can get a set of rv seca susp and larger disc asemblies front and rear it will help cheers lou

Cheers Mate :) heaps appreciated

hi tom if you can get a set of rv seca susp and larger disc asemblies front and rear it will help cheers lou

 

Any AE102 model (Conquest, RV, CSX 1.8, Ultima, sedan/hatch) will do, not just RV. Makes it much easier at the wreckers (Conquests will be the most common).

  • Author

Any AE102 model (Conquest, RV, CSX 1.8, Ultima, sedan/hatch) will do, not just RV. Makes it much easier at the wreckers (Conquests will be the most common).

Thanks heaps man :)

The late corolla had a larger spigot diameter for the disc, is it the same diameter for the wheel though ?

  • 2 weeks later...

hi tom if you can get a set of rv seca susp and larger disc asemblies front and rear it will help cheers lou

 

What year is yours? as series 2 AE92 SX's have the same brakes and very similar suspension (same mounting points but slightly narrower springs to the AE102)

 

Best bet is to get aftermarket suspension and get better pads for the brakes with some new brake fluid

  • 2 months later...

What's the advantage of the AE101/2 suspension ? Bigger shock body ? Does it still bolt to the same knuckle, or would I have to use the AE101/2 knuckle as well ?

  • 2 weeks later...

What's the advantage of the AE101/2 suspension ? Bigger shock body ? Does it still bolt to the same knuckle, or would I have to use the AE101/2 knuckle as well ?

 

It should bolt straight up, there arent any real advantages with changing the suspension. If youre going to stock AE102 suspension the car will have a slightly higher ride height, the springs have a larger diameter... I'm not sure about the difference in shocks though.

 

If you are getting coilovers then its all the same between AE92/102/112 as long as theyre macpherson strut setups

Cheers, since been to a wrecker and measured the difference for myself. No difference in the strut tube diameter, which is what I was hoping for.

Found the struts I wanted in an ST184R (~93 Celica with the 2.2L motor), 51mm OD struts with the same (or as close as I could measure at the time, NB; GT4's and Camry's have a wider bolt spacing) knuckle bolt spacing as a corolla and then I found out the Koni shocks for an AE92 are being discontinued so that kinda killed that option :bash:

So back to seeing if I can fit some Bilsteins in there or spend a small fortune on some proper DMS shocks :hmm:

  • 3 months later...

See if I can get an answer without starting a seperate topic. Been busy in the shed and finally have a set of coilovers in the car with some Koni shocks. Just looking for measurements on standard ride height, say centre of front wheel to bottom lip of guard. I've got 15" wheels which are quite tall, so wheel to guard clearance is less useful, unless you can tell me the size of your tyre. Just looking for a number to start with, once I've set it there I'll mostly go by look and how it handles.

I'm not dropping this into the wheels, so STOCK ride height if anyone has one out there. Otherwise I'll look a bit dodge running around shopping centre car parks with a tape measure chasing AE92 Corolla's

  • 2 weeks later...

General rule of thumb with Toyota stock ride heights is a fist gap between the wheel and guard lol

Yeah, that's about what I went with in the end.

Will have to start a build thread and show what I've been up to.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.