Ke70Dave'S New Toy

ke70dave

hehe thanks kickn

yeah dunno about equal length, sounds like a good idea in theory, but i woudlnt want to have to change much to make it work....reliability is the key here.

they (a whiteline artical ive read) reckon that a rear sway bar does wonders to the handling of this thing. so ill keep my eye out for one of those.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/articles/AS_Rex_on_rails_1.pdf

is the article.

it has 5 of 6 pages, you just change the URL from "AS_Rex_on_rails_1" to "AS_Rex_on_rails_2" "AS_Rex_on_rails_3" etc

Members dont see this ad

hey trev, thanks for the tips.

yeah I'm aware of the fragile gearboxes, i guess thats to be expected in any AWD car. i still havent quite got used to the clutch and gearbox yet, i think its going to take a while....

as for the upper cylinder cleaner stuff, i assume its had it done, it doesnt specifically say in the book though. i might grab a can or two though, ive used it before and its awesome stuff.

you sure about the equal length header thing for turbo?

clicky clicky

a quick ebay search found this, though I'm not sure how it goes with the sump...seems i might have to swap that for a 2.5L model...

oh and i don't have that brant thing, which i was happy about, nothing but trouble i hear.

Yeah I was referring to the burble sound, the n/a's are the ones that really benefit (sound wise) from a equal length system.

ah k,

yeah i figure that the unequal design is inefficient for turbo and n/a.

the boxer rumble is cool and all, but its not cool cause its good, its a flaw in the exhaust design!

so much opposing oppinions for equal length extractors, weather they are worth it etc, in theory they should be.

anyway, i performed my first mod last night!

A DAB+ digital radio CD player.

got me a JVC, KD DB58. seems to be one of the only CD players out there offering DAB+ for a reasonable price. about $290 delivered off ebay. (390 in Jb hifi....)

and it came with a funky antenna, a good discussion topic for when people get in the car and say "what the crap is that?"

post-2532-0-76811500-1318983769_thumb.jpg

digital radio is pretty cool, heaps of stations out there that are music only, no adverts.

though ive not noticed any monumental change in sound quality.......

next mod will be building a subwoofer box that takes up minimal space in the boot. become a real WRX owner with my OONTS OONTS OONTS stereo.

Oh forgot we put an xforce system with the varex remote muffler on my mate 2000 mod. With it closed it's quieter than a STD system and when you open it up it sounds sweet. That one makes around 220awkw.

He just put an Sti bottom end in it(forged pistons better conrods) Subaru were running them out paid $2500 for it.

Stu.