George The Ke26

Nostalgia

Hey everyone,

So here's the backing story. 6 years ago, a little old vintage car collector bought this little vehicle for his granddaughter as her first car, buying off an old couple who had both lost their licenses, hence a little old people damage to the front but nothing too bad. He called her up and told her to come and get her new car! When she got there, she looked at it an said, "That's old. I thought I was getting a new car. I don't want that!" So the old man left it under his house behind their Jazz for 6 years, charging the battery every two weeks. And he didn't buy her another car!

A few months ago, looking in the paper I saw an add that read;

TOYOTA station wagon, manual, 1973, excellent condition, 6 years in storage, 3,800 miles, $2000.

blink.gif

I thought 1. Hrmm hmmmm.gif 3,800? not likely. And 2. This sounds too good to be true. I called up and the first question I asked was whether it was a corolla, and it was dancing.gif He also stated that it was actually 38,000 miles but the paper stuffed it up. I went out there that day and had a look with my dad and we had to restrain ourselves from amazement. I drove it to get put over the pits, I felt like the coolest person in the whole world haha. Funny thing was, I was at a major intersection in Glenorchy and a cop pulled up next to me. Of course, the car decided to stall, with no rego sticker and P plates, so I'm there trying to get it to start for about 20 seconds and the cop didn't even notice! Slack!

ANYWAY today, we sealed the deal smile.gif $1500.

Apparently it's name is George, which I'm not sure about, I see it as a girl yes.gif

1973 KE26v

k40

38,178 miles!

Came with original -

Jack in the engine bay and levers

Toyota service warranty and maintenance booklet, still with most maintenance vouchers

Corolla owners manual

Spare wheel, never removed!

Tyres I think

TEQ toolkit, fully complete with all made in Japan bits

Almost fully straight extra front bumper for FREE!

Almost m.int interior

Has options such as cigarette lighter and ashtray, heater and 'Heater control illumination light' which is a little green down light in the dash smile.gif

Inspection said -

Small leak at fuel pump

Headlight alignment

Left front indicators broken (just the orange plastic)

Needs front mudflaps (No idea why someone would have removed them in the first place)

Right front brake greasy so pulls to the left under heavy braking (apparently both front brakes were replaced, they just left one a little dirty)

Needs front windscreen as this one has too many small chips

Flex brake hose perished

Rear tyre perished

Front L/H wheelbearing loose (from strut leaking?)

Idler arm 'not comply'

Most suspension bushes require replacement, perished from sitting for 6 years

Rear shock bushes don't comply

Already sourced most of these with quotes smile.gif if anyone has any parts, for the damaged parts in the photo below also please contact me!

Think that's everything,

Now for picturegraphs!

post-11092-0-75779700-1319095373_thumb.jpg

post-11092-0-88913700-1319095392_thumb.jpg

post-11092-0-58101700-1319095935_thumb.jpg

post-11092-0-69966200-1319095956_thumb.jpg

post-11092-0-52527000-1319096012_thumb.jpg

post-11092-0-81700400-1319096034_thumb.jpg

post-11092-0-84414100-1319096053_thumb.jpg

post-11092-0-61574500-1319096104_thumb.jpg

post-11092-0-43690900-1319096137_thumb.jpg

post-11092-0-32067100-1319096161_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nostalgia

Members dont see this ad

Thanks ke20rolla, I think it is too :laff:

I sure am, hopefully going to make it original/granny again, and if/when I get a new car for whatever reason, I'm chucking this baby on Special Interest plates! :blush:

Edit: I tried to write 'm.i.n.t' (without dots) but when I'd submit it would change 'm.i.n.t' to 'overrated'... The f***? Haunted computer...

Edited by Nostalgia

I got one :P but yeah love it mate! great pick up and always nice reading a story behind it!

They're a rare breed though :) just waiting to be found. Can't help but appreciate the previous owners and thank god they weren't in the hands of some idiots chopping and changing everything.

Trust me Crowie, I will. I just need to remember to look after my human girlfriend too :happy:

I have some connections at my local Ozzy Tyres, who told me they'll be able to sort out my tyres and suspension at mates rates; always good :) so hopefully I'll have the suspension done within two weeks, whether at Ozzy or Pedders! If I can get off work!