How Do I Tell My Parents?

hey guys, I'm up the provierbial creek without a paddle at the moment. ive recently bought my 3rd car (I'm only just 17) and its a ke70 with a 1ggte

Gearbox: Alloy supra 5 speed with cast iron sandwich plate (W57)

Clutch kit: Toyota clutch plate with RPM pressure plate

Front struts and brakes: RA60 Celica modified adjustable coil overs

Shocks: front Koni adjustable

Tailshaft: modified Corolla with supra front uni and alfa romeo rear uni

Diff: Alfa romeo 80's model 104 Berlina LSD 4.3:1 ratio

Axles: 27 spline

Front seats: Honda Accord late 80's

Methanol injection: 50% water + 50% methanol (halfful bottle in boot)

battery is also in the boot

it's got a 45 litre lpg tank installed with lines and carby (still connected in the engine bay) which passed an lpg cert a few months back and has been untouched.

custom wheels with legal tread 225/50R15 Falken Ziex on the 15x8 rears and excellent tread (driven no for 3 months) 205/50R15 Toyo T1R's on the 15x7 fronts.

but yeah the diff is really tight and never kicked one wheel with my engine.

those are the specs, now i want to eventually swap a 1g of some sorts into my car, and i also want this car for the wheels, brakes and front suspension.

any suggestions on what to say to them? as ive got no idea, and fear they will reduce me to tears and beat me with a stick :)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just park in the driveway and when they question it.. just say WOW HOW DID THAT GET THERE!?!?!?! :P

Better yet, say to them, I bought the car for you guys. When they say I don't want it.. ask them, Well can I have it? :(

Just say you really want the car for the parts. It's got what you want on it and what you don't need afterwards, you can sell in an effort to get some of your money back. What more can you say, dude? Just be honest with em, you're young and you are family.. they forgive you eventually and even if they beat you with a stick... you'll heal fast with youth on your side :) just kidding dude :(

why worry. 1ggte power could probably kill you quicker than what your parents can. :)

go do a driver training course or something.

lol i might prefer that, i am planning on doing a defensive driving course, and the car all this is in, will not be run straight away, i will look to swap over suspension brakes and wheels to my current car and get some driving under my belt and decide which car i want to continue the 1g project with, and then build that up, likely staying n/a if i can get my hands on a 1gge and stick with this for a couple of years at least and then decide if the t is needed

i spose ur right tiger, theyve said they will always love me, so even tho theyll make my life hell it wont be forever. and hey i may be over analysing this, ive never been good with decision making or commitment and this requires both. i need to be pushed by stress. i need to get over my parents being better than me, I'm practically an adult. i think its time they got told, may tell them tomorrow :P

or i may keep hiding.

we'll have to see

why am i scared of my parents?

lol

get my hands on a 1gge and stick with this for a couple of years at least and then decide if the t is needed

nice. seriously, even a modern 1g-fe would be good. it's a 2 litre six, it's going to absolutely haul ass in a ke70 no matter what head's on it

i personally see the need for a reliable cheap daily driver and a separate project car, trying to do both in the one vehicle is stressful and restrictive. the rest depends how many cars you have already, if they won't let you keem them all, then decide which you like best and say goodbye to the others

tell them straight away, the longer it takes the more annoyed they possibly will be. My misses bought a mr2 and didn't tell her folks for ages, the mr2 actually parked at my place. Her parents weren't happy to say the least when they found out and it was actually only becuase she didn't tell them more then anything.

Hey, don't worry i'm only 14 and i got three cars, and another on its way..

Tell them and either keep the car at a mates place, or tell them that you will get rid of a car as soon as you can and that the car is only supposed to be their for a while til you strip it... works for me.

Redwarf - currently we got 11 cars in our yard, one at my uncles and one coming; haha...

Oh yeah, and we live on a 728m2 block...