Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke55 Radiator

Featured Replies

Okay, my current radiator is pretty shit (remember I live in Darwin and race the car, so it gets pretty friggin' hot), so I want to upgrade to (preferably) a 3-core radiator. Have any of you guys upgraded the radiators in your KE3x/KE5x and if so, what did you use. I don't mind if we have to do some minor modifications to make it fit. Would I be better just to go and get a custom radiator fabricated. I realise that this option would be better in the end, but is there something I could use from another vehicle as an interim measure?

You can buy 3 core cores new that will fit. They can stretch the end tanks around the new core.

i went to a swap meet the other weekend and picked up a 3core radiator for my ke55 for $25. It is ner perfect, got a good deal on that one

i went to a swap meet the other weekend and picked up a 3core radiator for my ke55 for $25. It is ner perfect, got a good deal on that one

 

Well I hate you :)

I have a 3 core in my KE30. They simply stretch the tanks to suit the extra width of the 3 core. I payed $240 for mine from the local radiator shop. Never had a problem with it in Melb weather. :)

i had a 3 core also. never got above halfway, even just sitting idling in summer. i paid $270 i think

I have a 2 core and a blown head gasketed supercharged 5K, never gets below half way :)

i used to have a single 2/3rds core. i had to drive around with the heater and fan on full in the middle of summer

but what he is asking is "is there any from another car that will bolt straight in?" or something along those lines. please give him and others the answer that they want. because i am also interested if there is another on that will bolt straight in.

 

cheers, lloyd

Edited by ke30king

The answer is. A 3 core corolla radiator will bolt in. will keep it cool. end of story

  • Author

Okey dokey, thanks for your help guys. I was thinking I'd have to be hunting around wreckers for some obscure vehicle that just happened to have a three core to suit my car. Much prefer a new proper one though. Looks like that's where my Xmas overtime will be going. Pity it's so expensive, otherwise I could have gone for the Corona struts on the front as well.

 

EDIT: Forget what I just said, I just found a three-core on eBay for $140 + $10 postage. Check it out here.

 

Is it just me or does my radiator not look anything like the radiator advertised for sale?

 

Does anyone else's KE55 radiator look like mine?

 

lola_front.jpg

 

 

My radiator.

 

3f_1_b.JPG

Advertised radiator.

Edited by ancullen

Wierd!?><///....

 

I got my three core made up at my local radiator shop, cost $280.00 and that was using the old tanks..... Looks great, but never got to use it...... Well, not YET, anyway!..... :blush:

 

The one in my Ae86, is a custom multi core, twin flowback radiator, IT ROCKS MY WORLD!..... :)

Edited by ROLLN'03

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.