November 19, 201114 yr comment_566915 Hey Rollaclub! This is my first go at building a track car, it's an auto KE70 that I bought from redae71(thanks Luke!). I plan to do the standard 4AGE swap, get the car reasonably light, and sort out some decent suspension. Oh and quadlights! So I got the car about a week ago and drove it home on an unregistered vehicle permit. It seemed to drive nicely, though the right hand upper spring seat was fouling on the adjustable camber plates due to too much camber, and causing the spring to twist on the strut when I turned. But other than that it was fine. When I got the car(minus the wheels): What I'm going to put in it: What I'm going to do it with(I spent ages saving up to buy all these tools, and I'm so happy I did): Edited June 7, 201313 yr by rian Report
November 19, 201114 yr Author comment_566916 So far I have an AE71 crossmember, T50 gearbox and crossmember, and a tailshaft to suit. I also have an AE71 pedal box, clutch hardline, soft line, master cylinder and slave cylinder on their way to my house. Though I need a T50 clutch fork and the little clip thingies(anyone got one?). Also the car has a lot of rust at the back, the front half up until the rear quarter panels is great! But the bottom of the rear quarter panels and around the boot seal is totally rusty. This will get fixed though, eventually. Edited November 19, 201114 yr by rianwest Report
November 19, 201114 yr Author comment_566921 This afternoon when I got home I pulled the coilovers out to check them out: The coilovers have around 7-8kg springs, unknown inserts(I haven't got the right tools to get the insert out at the moment), Otomoto(?) weld-on sleeves, D2 camber plates, unknown brand RCAs and slotted rotors yay! Next week I'm going to take the coilovers back to my parents house to try and get the inserts out so I can take some measurements of the strut tube and also find out what type of insert they are. Edited November 19, 201114 yr by rianwest Report
November 19, 201114 yr comment_566928 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Was the cat included in the sale? If it was , great buy! *Watch topic* click Edited November 19, 201114 yr by Spencer Report
November 19, 201114 yr Author comment_566930 Already scoring pussy. Lol! Was the cat included in the sale? If it was , great buy! *Watch topic* click That's my housemate's stupid cat, it was running around on the roof of the car while I had the boot open, and it slipped down the back windscreen and face-planted into the open bootlid which then slammed closed as the cat tumbled across it and fell on the ground. It somehow landed on it's feet though, so I guess it's not completely uncoordinated. Edited November 19, 201114 yr by rianwest Report
November 19, 201114 yr comment_566952 Yew! glad somebody picked up this cool little rig. Plans sound good and it looks like you'll have a neat ride after all the nice bits go in. :y: Report
November 19, 201114 yr comment_566956 Some quality tools make a hard job so much more easier ... Report
November 19, 201114 yr Author comment_566961 Yew! glad somebody picked up this cool little rig. Plans sound good and it looks like you'll have a neat ride after all the nice bits go in. :y: Thanks man, I was lucky to get it, if I didn't message Luke when I did someone else who was coming up from Byron Bay with a trailer would have bought it. Was that anyone on here by the way? Do I know you Mr Byron Bay Man? Are you the guy with the 2 white *E7*s in Byron Hills? Some quality tools make a hard job so much more easier ... Totally. Breaker bars are what's up, I have this 650mm one that makes undoing bolts so so easy. Def needs more army green. Needs more poo brown IMO lol. Edited November 19, 201114 yr by rianwest Report
November 19, 201114 yr comment_566962 I wanna know how Rob knows that cat is a dude. Edited November 19, 201114 yr by blzbub666 Report
November 19, 201114 yr comment_566964 :lol: Its ginger Less than 1% of ginger cats are female. Edit - Should be about 15% are female. But all in all a ginger female pussy holds its value better then most others Edited November 19, 201114 yr by towe001 Report
November 19, 201114 yr comment_566971 Back on topic, nice cat. Damn. Edited November 19, 201114 yr by blzbub666 Report
November 19, 201114 yr comment_566987 Congrats dude! nice to see the wait has payed off. love the plans! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now