Stenzel

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well thought I'd post a update,

Thanks to Clapped Out/Phatke30 I was able to get a fairly good condition front bumper bar and guard, all back together and she is on the road (A little miss coloured at the moment though :glare:) Installed a 2inch tacho where the clock was (Seemed to stop working so thought may as well take it out) bought everything to paint the car except the actual paint ( :laff: ) still thinking about changing colour (I really like NisRollas blue) but I don't want anything to attention grabbing..

Probably won't have the car at the point I want for a few months as I decided I may as well hit everything all together, take the engine out, give it a refresh and then paint the bay while I;m doing the outside and inside.

So hopefully I will update in another few months, unfortunately I can't spend all my money on the car as setting myself up for the future is more important at this moment. Sorry if anyone that knows this car is dissapointed with me...

Dave

So hopefully I will update in another few months, unfortunately I can't spend all my money on the car as setting myself up for the future is more important at this moment. Sorry if anyone that knows this car is dissapointed with me...

Dave

Nar, i'm not disappointand i'd say the other guys would think the same as well. It just means for a young guy you've got a head on those shoulders of yours :jamie:

• 3 weeks later...

Well thought I'd post a update,

Thanks to Clapped Out/Phatke30 I was able to get a fairly good condition front bumper bar and guard, all back together and she is on the road (A little miss coloured at the moment though :glare:) Installed a 2inch tacho where the clock was (Seemed to stop working so thought may as well take it out) bought everything to paint the car except the actual paint ( :laff: ) still thinking about changing colour (I really like NisRollas blue) but I don't want anything to attention grabbing..

It is just the standard corolla blue respray,

Perhaps the new mini cooper S blue?

Not really much to update,

Still firing the old girl up for a weekend drive, collecting a few engine parts... but I don't know if in the long run a turbo on the 5k or just a engine conversion would be better...

Seeing heaps of old rollas around Toowoomba lately, gives me motivation :dance:

Oh I got some new carpet, which I think is the only thing that wasn't 100% interior wise. So now all I want to do is paint/fix rust and then yeah..

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

"Stenzel, on 31 December 2011 - 06:31 PM, said:

Dave

"Nar, i'm not disappointand i'd say the other guys would think the same as well. It just means for a young guy you've got a head on those shoulders of yours :jamie:" Quote- Towe

hey mate, must have missed this comment.

no way am I disappointed in you.

my comment earlier was, almost like an 'I knew it' and i'll tell ya why.

that day i was driving past your shop near grand central, saw the sexy rolla out the front in the 'metered parking'. it was a sht miserable overcast and misty wet day.

i remember thinking then, that i hoped you hadnt brought her out as the rain always brings out the dckheads in town.

that very night was when i heard of the 'accident'

my 'FFS' comment was at that, my frustration, and almost dejavu feeling i had....

not aimed at you at all, mate.

you're a sensible bloke, who was just unlucky that sht toowoomba day

Edited by nerfbat

but I don't know if in the long run a turbo on the 5k or just a engine conversion would be better...

:hmm: engine conversion..... almost anything as long as its not a 4ag. Their an ok motor but their not that good as what every tofu racer makes them out to be.

Oh I got some new carpet, which I think is the only thing that wasn't 100% interior wise.

Carpet was from a '55 :P

Had to cut it in a few spots

If it would come down to a engine conversion...

It would be a ca18, now most people chuck off at them but my thoughts have changed as a bloke from work as one in his bluebird with some work done too it..

Otherwise I like the 3s engines but I think it would be to much hard work/ too expensive.

Dave

Ca18's get a bad rap, But i love them! Everyone goes "oh, they'll blow up just get an sr20 bro" Once you put ARP head studs in them and sensible mods they love life!

A friends brother has one in his 720 ute, 16psi on stock internals, exty gate, fmic, haltech etc has been thrashed, literally everyday for almost 3 years and it's still together! Meanwhile, sr's... :rolls: