0 Offset On My Ke70

Kezzar

hey i've got a mechanics an apprenticeship sent signed and delivered :) soon and i plan on getting some 0 offset rotas, i know they are knock offs but theyll look nice for the time being, i'm looking at 15x9's (0 offset) but i'm wondering if they will legally fit stock guards on my ke70.

this is my baby :) and the rims i want to fit.

cheers, :D

post-12997-0-18290100-1321871129_thumb.jpg

post-12997-0-74419400-1321871201_thumb.jpg

post-12997-0-37043700-1321871213_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

no way! they will not fit without major mods. I just fitted 14x7 -2's to a ke70 last weekend. It still needed a slight roll and a stretched tyre to fit.

EDIT: I can see your from QLD. The cops are cracking down on wheels atm and are taking cars off the road for *poke* do yourself a favor and just get something cheap and useful for daily uses say 14x6.5/7 or 15x6.5 with low positive offset.

Edited by Chillin

15x9 rota wheels will have the following effect on your ke70.

-you will need to beat the hell out of your guards to make them "fit". even then they probably wont fit properly, and it will always look dodgy unless you are a panel beater, or weld in extra bits etc.

-they will make your car go slower, as you will be lugging around an extra ~8kg per corner.

-they will cost you a fortune brand new (compared to price of ke70)

-any tyres to fit the wheels properly will cost you a fortune, and probably be hard to find. you woudlnt want to go much skinier than a 225 or 235 on a 9" wheel. good luck finding something that wide in 15" in a road tyre at a reasonable price. this will also throw out your spedo.

-they will make your car handle alot worse as you will be probably doubling your unsprung weight on each corner.

-they will make you stand out like a sore thumb to the cops

-and when they do pull you over you will be defected for wheels too wide (legally you can go up to a 195 i belive, 155 + 30%), check the modification guide.

-they will also defect you for increased track, you can only have 25mm extra either side (might even be total...), which is bugger all, but thems the rules.

starting to get the idea;)

look at something like a 15x7 +13 ish, in a lightweight alluminium wheel. somethign like an SSR mesh, or a rays engineering wheel. plenty of 80s styles to choose from.

thats all you need on a ke70, a slight roll on all 4 corners to keep the tyres off your guards at full compression and extension.

some 195/50/R15 tyres, in a semi slick tyre (which can be had for under $200/corner in that size), and you will be gripping and lookin good at the same time.