Peanut Bait

B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad

Ill get some decent pics in the sun with my SLR when the weather permits.

451_10151373339482879_1805096439_n.jpg

Shes home, but my wheel nuts havent arrived so wont be going anywhere , front tyres arent legal.

197165_10151373340367879_274934358_n.jpg

Still some issues I think may be related to timing and TPS adjustment. But generally drives great. Hadnt been on the road more than 5 minutes and had a guy chatting to me about it.

20130322_173355.jpg

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

I used rust kill enamel. Yeah it takes a while to dry, I did it on a smoking hot day so could get 2 coats in on one day then left it to dry for a week.

Got my wheel nuts, rear venetians and new throw overs.

Throw overs don't even fit over my seats, waste of $90, hopefully they stretch a bit.

Will hopefully have wheels and venetians in soon for a picture or two.

EDIT: Also if anyone who knows WTF they are doing wants to help with my electrical issues feel free to PM me.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Got bored so I taught myself TPS adjustment.

579797_10151383622232879_418498099_n.jpg

Didnt have alligator clips so I made a test loom :P

625453_10151383622087879_38090852_n.jpg

Seems like it has made quite a big improvement, still not perfect but in saying that I needed 0.35 and 0.59 gap spacers and closest I had was 0.38 and 0.56/0.66 so I'm in the ball park but being the temperamental bitches they are I'll need to wait for my spacers I ordered last week to get here.

Driving around with it in diagnostic mode probably wasnt helping either.

Let it be said that this car may piss me off but I'll keep going at it, even if its for sale. I'm gonna go talk to a certifier about it next week also. If I can get it all legal beagle it may stay.

Error codes are coming up too. 2,5,7 and 9

5 and 9 arent an issue but 2 (MAP sensor) and 7 (TPS) are a worry. Ill clear the codes tomorrow and take it for another drive and see what it throws out. I'm hoping 7 is just from me messing with the TPS while I had the ignition on. As for the MAP code thats a new one :/

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

• 2 weeks later...

The saga continues.

So for the last week the car hasnt even wanted to start, if I did get it running it sounded like it was on 3 cylinders, back firing etc.

The only code I kept consistently getting was 2 (MAP).

So I got the shits, unplugged the map to inspect it properly, check the vacuum line for cracks/splits etc. While it was unplugged I started the car and straight away the car started and revved fine. I inspected the MAP, reinstalled it and boom, car is purring like a kitten.

Now I am unsure if a faulty MAP is going to cause the kind of issues I have been experiencing (if you know if it would chime in).

Now to determine whether its a faulty MAP, wiring, or just a dodgy connection. Its cleared all its codes again.

Might rename this car Gremlin.