Front Strut Bar Worth It? (Ke70)

zeph_KE70

Members dont see this ad

I'd only get the front strut brace if i had a decent suspension setup already otherwise i wouldn't even notice it there.

The sway bar i would go for first. Have you got a bigger sway bar in the rear already though?? I have a 19mm in the back of mine, best thing i could have done in the back i think. Its very noticeable.

yeah not much use, go a rear sway bar before the front one or a strut brace.

when i had my ke with all the suspension done (springs shocks, bushes, lowered etc) i noticed a fair different with the strut brace, but i doubt you will notice anythign with the rest still stock.

in heinsight i reckon mods should go something like this.

-bushes - rear trailing arm, LCA and castor arm.

-rear sway bar (with new bushes)

-front sway bar (if you think it needs it)

-shock absorbers (with springs to suit, either lowered or not)

-if lowered go an adj panhard rod with new bushes (comes with it usually)

-strut brace.

but i mean if you pick up any of these for cheap, throw them on, i got my strut brace for 40bucks. did its job.

that particular strut brace looks a bit dodgy, id want the bar itself to be as straight as possible. all those bends just promotes flexibility.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/84-87-AE86-TOYOTA-COROLLA-GTS-SR5-FRONT-UPPER-ALUMINUM-STRUT-TOWER-BAR-BRACE-/230696292541?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b69210bd

much better and only 70bucks, yeah its ae86, but just re drill the 2 outer holes a tad and it fits good (thats what i did)

also el-o-el at the rear strut bar, a peice of bar with 2 small plates on the end, for ONE HUNDRED AND FOUTY SIX BUCK$!!

Edited by ke70dave

when i had my ke with all the suspension done (springs shocks, bushes, lowered etc) i noticed a fair different with the strut brace, but i doubt you will notice anythign with the rest still stock.

-strut brace.

but i mean if you pick up any of these for cheap, throw them on, i got my strut brace for 40bucks. did its job.

that particular strut brace looks a bit dodgy, id want the bar itself to be as straight as possible. all those bends just promotes flexibility.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/84-87-AE86-TOYOTA-COROLLA-GTS-SR5-FRONT-UPPER-ALUMINUM-STRUT-TOWER-BAR-BRACE-/230696292541?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b69210bd

much better and only 70bucks, yeah its ae86, but just re drill the 2 outer holes a tad and it fits good (thats what i did)

also el-o-el at the rear strut bar, a peice of bar with 2 small plates on the end, for ONE HUNDRED AND FOUTY SIX BUCK$!!

Might have a sus of it...

Thoughts on this.. lol http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CUSCO-Quality-Aluminum-Engine-OIL-CATCH-PERFORMANCE-Reservoir-Can-Tank-CHROME-/320778310144?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aafe09200

Worth it?

• 2 weeks later...

hi ive done abit of cheap mods i found best combo cheap was camber plates toytechno.. ajps extra lock, cut 10mm off tie rod end.. adj strut brace ford springs all round with holden vt fe2 rear shockers welded diff. done it all in a 3sp. auto stock 1.3 4k n managed to get it sideways in the dry was hard to do tho... in the wet was hard to keep it from goin sideways around corners.

the strut brace made the steerin feel more controlable, felt it in fast corners while throwin it around, helped with bump steer alil too.. wuld recommend rca's tho n don't bother tryna get wheel aliment after, do it urself.

goodluck :)

When the mrs corolla was still a single cam and standard height I put a tower to tower strut brace on it that I had laying around and as the car has no front sway bar from factory I noticed a difference in handling, was able to take one chicane area 20km faster with the brace on.

-strut brace.

by adding a larger dia. front sway wuldnt it cos understeer? also thort it did?

by adding a larger dia. front sway wuldnt it cos understeer? also thort it did?

It reduces the risk of understeer, the larger the diameter the more strength it generally has, if you can apply a heavy twisting motion to the front wheels then you will often pick up the inside wheel going through a corner which will make the turn in and grip a lot better.

It reduces the risk of understeer, the larger the diameter the more strength it generally has, if you can apply a heavy twisting motion to the front wheels then you will often pick up the inside wheel going through a corner which will make the turn in and grip a lot better.

but by it liftin the front up it wuld increase rear grip n reduce front grip allowing faster exit speeds without trac loss.. isnt it desinged more so for grip rather den drift..?