Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1974 W114 280E Mercedes Benz

Featured Replies

Hey guys got bored with my W124 300CE (Newish cars just aint me) so I've picked up another W114 Mercedes to use as a daily!

 

1974 W114 Mercedes Benz 280E

- M110 2.8L Injected Straight 6 (185HP or 137KW)

- 4 Speed Automatic

- Air Con

- White Walls

- Curb Feelers

- Reset springs approx 3-4" lower all round

- Adjustable Koni Reds in rear, Munroe GT Gas in fornt.

 

Overall a pretty tidy car. Its been sprayed about 10 years ago and shows a few signs of rust but nothing major at this stage.

 

It drive absolutely beautiful (despite being quite low) and is Mechanically A1, hence why i brought it as a daily.

 

Plans are to keep it tidy (needs some TLC interior wise) and add a couple of minor bits and pieces. I've already done quite a bit to it.

 

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5250.jpg

IMG_5254.jpg

IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5277.jpg

I've said it about the last 10 or so of your cars you've posted up and I'll say it again:

 

SENSATIONAL !!!

 

1st and 4th photo's are the money shots.

  • 3 weeks later...

How do you find these to run? I want one but is it to much cost wise for some one young? Any help appreciated!

Start saving, the initial payment may not be as much as expected.

 

Having the skill to make it look good can cost nothing.

 

Then add in photography skills.

 

Then add the 'X' factor (prices and talent may vary).

i just bort one the same year but a 280. white with the oldschool big steering wheel. Overrated cond.

 

I WANT YOUR WHEELS HAHA

 

did you get yor standard springs reset?

 

and you wouldnt have part nimbers for the shocks by chance??

 

cheers

 

zane

  • Author

Quick update guys, I've been busy fixing a few things mechanically. Biggest drama I had was an annoying weak spark issue that turned out to be the incorrect coil.

 

Changes:

-Stripped paint off hubcaps

-Double Bumpers

-Awesome static strap

-Bead seat cover

-New parcel shelf

 

IMG_5286.jpg

IMG_5280.jpg

IMG_5283.jpg

 

How do you find these to run? I want one but is it to much cost wise for some one young? Any help appreciated!

 

I brought this one because it Drives and Runs (with some recent improvements) amazing. They are cheapish to purchase but get a good one mechanically as parts can be costly, but looked after they will run forever.

 

i just bort one the same year but a 280. white with the oldschool big steering wheel. Overrated cond.

 

I WANT YOUR WHEELS HAHA

 

did you get yor standard springs reset?

 

and you wouldnt have part nimbers for the shocks by chance??

 

cheers

 

zane

 

Standard springs are reset so they retain standard rate and drives well. Don't have part numbers on hand but will grab them when I'm under the car next.

 

did you sell the W124?

 

Nope didn't sell the W124, that's now my girlfriends car! So I still get to drive her :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.