1974 W114 280E Mercedes Benz

RA28GT

Hey guys got bored with my W124 300CE (Newish cars just aint me) so I've picked up another W114 Mercedes to use as a daily!

1974 W114 Mercedes Benz 280E

- M110 2.8L Injected Straight 6 (185HP or 137KW)

- 4 Speed Automatic

- Air Con

- White Walls

- Curb Feelers

- Reset springs approx 3-4" lower all round

- Adjustable Koni Reds in rear, Munroe GT Gas in fornt.

Overall a pretty tidy car. Its been sprayed about 10 years ago and shows a few signs of rust but nothing major at this stage.

It drive absolutely beautiful (despite being quite low) and is Mechanically A1, hence why i brought it as a daily.

Plans are to keep it tidy (needs some TLC interior wise) and add a couple of minor bits and pieces. I've already done quite a bit to it.

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5250.jpg

IMG_5254.jpg

IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5277.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick update guys, I've been busy fixing a few things mechanically. Biggest drama I had was an annoying weak spark issue that turned out to be the incorrect coil.

Changes:

-Stripped paint off hubcaps

-Double Bumpers

-Awesome static strap

-Bead seat cover

-New parcel shelf

IMG_5286.jpg

IMG_5280.jpg

IMG_5283.jpg

How do you find these to run? I want one but is it to much cost wise for some one young? Any help appreciated!

I brought this one because it Drives and Runs (with some recent improvements) amazing. They are cheapish to purchase but get a good one mechanically as parts can be costly, but looked after they will run forever.

i just bort one the same year but a 280. white with the oldschool big steering wheel. Overrated cond.

I WANT YOUR WHEELS HAHA

did you get yor standard springs reset?

and you wouldnt have part nimbers for the shocks by chance??

cheers

zane

Standard springs are reset so they retain standard rate and drives well. Don't have part numbers on hand but will grab them when I'm under the car next.

did you sell the W124?

Nope didn't sell the W124, that's now my girlfriends car! So I still get to drive her :)