Run In Rebuilt 7Agte

shayden

hey all gna be puttin my motor into my e7 soon and jus wanna get a few tips on how to run it in..

mods are:

light head work bigport possibly ITB's

264 in. 272 ex.

custome valves (3sge)

springs

7a block

gze slugs

custom rods

t25 or 28 turbo

any advice on choice of cams will be great aswel thanks :)

Members dont see this ad

Thanks for the links guys, and oh what a nissan feeling i thort ur nor ment to put much load on a new motor sumthin to do with the rings ? Thanks

Your supposed to load it up so the rings don't put a mirror finish on your brand new scored bores the grooves from bore honing hold oil on the walls which obviously helps lubricate them if they were smooth the rings would work like a squeegee

So like oh what a Nissan feeling said load her up a hill it's what we do with our engines at work

The problem you are going to face right off the bat is that you have an engine with no tune so it will need to be tuned before you can do anything with it but this also comes with a positive, the dyno tuner will lightly tune the engine to 4000 - 5000rpm and will do most of the run in on the dyno for you, you will then be required to drive it around for approx 1000km to let the engine settle in and then take it back to have it tuned to make power.

When I build an engine I generally keep it under 4000rpm, try to labour the engine as much as possible and keep it off boost, a few pound won't hurt but don't go giving it to it.

Also to mention, new cams will need to be run in, who is building the engine?

As for cam choice, I was going to buy HKS shafts but I have recently been looking at these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JASMA-Camshaft-264-272Deg-Levin-Trueno-4AGE-4AGZE-16V-Stage-2-/120774641075?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1ebac5b3#ht_2361wt_952

The problem you are going to face right off the bat is that you have an engine with no tune so it will need to be tuned before you can do anything with it but this also comes with a positive, the dyno tuner will lightly tune the engine to 4000 - 5000rpm and will do most of the run in on the dyno for you, you will then be required to drive it around for approx 1000km to let the engine settle in and then take it back to have it tuned to make power.

When I build an engine I generally keep it under 4000rpm, try to labour the engine as much as possible and keep it off boost, a few pound won't hurt but don't go giving it to it.

Also to mention, new cams will need to be run in, who is building the engine?

As for cam choice, I was going to buy HKS shafts but I have recently been looking at these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JASMA-Camshaft-264-272Deg-Levin-Trueno-4AGE-4AGZE-16V-Stage-2-/120774641075?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1ebac5b3#ht_2361wt_952

I'm gettin footscray eng. recon. to do the port polish n all the tricky bits, but I'm gan do the rest... ect. put it back together. as for tune ima run megasquirt v3 and hopefully ill make it to the workshop to get tuned, running t50 n standard diff lol. with those cams can u really trust the name?

thanks

I'm gettin footscray eng. recon. to do the port polish n all the tricky bits, but I'm gan do the rest... ect. put it back together. as for tune ima run megasquirt v3 and hopefully ill make it to the workshop to get tuned, running t50 n standard diff lol. with those cams can u really trust the name?

thanks

So you are going to try to drive it untuned?

JASMA? why not, I have one of their turbo manifolds and the work is very impressive, sure if you have $1000 to spend on cams then get some HKS shafts.

Before anyone says 'but JASMA is an exhaust regulation' I am talking about JASMA and not JASMA

So you are going to try to drive it untuned?

JASMA? why not, I have one of their turbo manifolds and the work is very impressive, sure if you have $1000 to spend on cams then get some HKS shafts.

Before anyone says 'but JASMA is an exhaust regulation' I am talking about JASMA and not JASMA

arrh kk righto, jus neva really heard bout them before but it was talkin to the guy doin my motor n he rekons there ok aswel so mite get there cams.. and ima try tune it best i can at home den drive it to chasers to get it done..

arrh kk righto, jus neva really heard bout them before but it was talkin to the guy doin my motor n he rekons there ok aswel so mite get there cams.. and ima try tune it best i can at home den drive it to chasers to get it done..

After spending that much money I would be just getting it towed and leave it all up to the tuner to do.

• Upvote 1