Joshs Daily. =)

JJT036

Members dont see this ad

Timing?

Done a compression test?

Both these things are what both Technicians said isn't wrong or has anything to do with the problem, but if fuelling isn't an issue, I'll proceed and do both these tasks.

My dad's mechanic will be coming up soon to do both mum and dad's car. When he's doing those, I'll ask him if he could check the timing, and maybe do a compression test for me.

So its got a miss/hesitation from idle that goes away once you are on the move?

Do these things have an air flow meter that could be playing up?

Have you had the injectors out and flow tested them?

Fuel filter would definitely be one to do just as a good servicing practice anyways.

Driveline vibration could be your old tyres too.

So its got a miss/hesitation from idle that goes away once you are on the move?

Do these things have an air flow meter that could be playing up?

Have you had the injectors out and flow tested them?

Fuel filter would definitely be one to do just as a good servicing practice anyways.

Driveline vibration could be your old tyres too.

Yes Adam. It's only on Idle, and also when I hold the throttle at any RPM for a long period of time while the car isn't moving (ie: 2000rpm for 10 seconds in Park or Neutral).

I've asked people that know old Toyota's at my workplace, and one said that when he used to work for the RACV, anytime a Cressida or Early Supra came in, it was either BHG or Air-Flow Meter. Others say "stop wasting your time, just throw a 1jz in there".

The same Technician that suggested it was the Fuel Filter also said to do an "on-board" Injector Clean if it's not the Filter. The other Technician that it was something on the Electrical side of things Adjusted the Air-Flow Screws from the AFM and the Throttle-body to the Correct Settings while he was diagnosing (they were out by a little bit).

I will definitely be changing the Fuel Filter next. If it's not that, then I'll do an On-Board Injector Clean, and if they are fine, then I'll do a Compression Test.

But, gotta find time to do all this first. I have until I sell the car (which will be a long while) to fix it, but I'd like to have it sorted out by April/May, so then all I have to do with the car is just start it and go from point A to point B without hassles. :)

Personally I don't rate any injection cleaning where you haven't taken them out of the car.

How do you see issues with spray pattern if you are doing it on the car?

Second that!!! we use them at work and they are a loud of crap to be honest!! don't do a thing.

Adam is right if u take them out then send it somewhere thats much better

Hope u can figure it out mate

See ya

jimi

Good point. I will most likely do that if circumstances go that way. If I'm doing all this, I may as well do a little bit of freshening up while I'm at it. :)

And I hope so too Jimi. It will be all sorted out...... one day.

Also, on another note, Today marks 1 year since it's been in my Ownership. And once again Adam, Thanks lots for your part in my purchase of this Cressida. :)

Edited by JJT036

• 3 months later...

VL-Spec! Choppies and Straight Pipes soon to come. :)

post-8003-0-06490200-1368272373_thumb.jpg

post-8003-0-93945900-1368272373_thumb.jpg

Haha, but seriously, I'm getting the RWC part done now. R31s are on temporarily while I get new tyres fitted onto the MX73 wheels.

But I'm not lying about the Straight Pipes. ;)

Edited by JJT036