Exhaust - Suggestions Please!

turbo_rolla

Hey guys, i've got a 1983 ke70 with the good ol' 4k. looks like my resonator has s#!t itself tonight (been coming for a while :o - sounds alot throatier though :P ) so I'm gonna be looking at needing to replace it soonish. Was thinking i may as well do a whole new system, and was wondering what setups other guys (or girls) are running on theirs?

Probably stick with 1.75" diameter, so was wondering who's running a similar setup, and what its like etc. Will probably look at doing extractors at a later stage (will wait to find some 2nd hand i reckon), so really only looking to do the piping, muffler, and resonator. SO, any feedback on setups you guys are running & cost would be good!

Oh, engine is STOCK standard and most likely wont be getting much work other than new carb & extractors done to it, and i'd like to keep costs down slightly :S Its never gonna be a racing car, so i guess I'm just after something with a decent note ;)

Thanks guys!

Edited by turbo_rolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya and welcome.

After a brief search, and the fact that I remember this topic from a couple of days ago, I came up with this: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=5660

It's about a KE55, but the theory is the same.

Also, buy new extractors, buying secondhand ones can be a pain, and false economy.

Cheers

R

Thanks for the advice guys! WIll most likely get this done in the new year when all the shops open up again! Thanks for the suggestion bout the cam too Nick! Will have pics etc up in a few weeks! Only thing to decide is dump pipe or cannon lol. May as well keep it old school and go the dump pipe i reckon! Sounds like redback was a good brand from what was said on your post redwarf, so that may be the way to go! Thanks again :S

Canon's look great angled out the back of a Supra or Skyline, I just don't see how they fit in with an "oldschool" Corolla

Agreed nick! Anyone else got any pics of a dump pipe setup on their rolla? Will have a browse through the members section also. Are you guys running big or small hotdogs? Or none at all? :)

Looks nice jamie! Some sorta end result like that would be pretty good i reckon! Looks like that tip only just squeezed onto the muffler lol :) On a completely unrelated topic, what rims ya got on there? I'm looking to replace the pizza cutters soon also, so just getting some ideas (saw a set of watanabe's at a local wrecker - city dismantlers in adelaide, but they were 13").

I was about to say to look at Jamie's old KE25

Well, this was mine on my first rolla.. KE35

post-532-1135755147_thumb.jpg

post-532-1135755391_thumb.jpg

2" exhaust and a 2.5" round tip.. that's all.... it done it's job, wen't well with the chrome bumper bar.. wasn't too obvious and and it sounded DAMN good :)

Edited by Tiger