Exhaust - Suggestions Please!

turbo_rolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally I believe this due to the fact that you don't really know the history of the pipes. They may last anywhere between 1 month and a couple of years. you'l pay gereally (yes, I know, you can be lucky and get them cheaper) 50 to 200 bills for them, and then have to pay some bloke a few more bills to get them fitted. If you buy them new, you'll know that they'll generally last you the life that you have the car.

That's my opinion anyway. I always now buy new, and custom.

Edited by Redwarf

I'm happy to buy extractors new i reckon, just need to get a decent price for them first! Have you got a pic of your exhaust love_ke70? There's been a few pics on here, but none are of ke70's. Probably popping down to the exhaust place this morning to have a look at what they got, and also to the "4's 6's & 8's shop" here in adelaide so hopefully i'll have some better pricing after that! :)

hey dude, i forgot lol

just got the pics now, the gold car is the 4k ke70, shit lookin tip, no ive seen those matt black bent pipes i think ill have to get one :)

and the white car is the 1ggte ke70, looks a bit better, but a bit dodge

[disclaimer]none of these are my own choice or doing [/disclaimer]

dammit, upload page isnt working (mods?)

ill go learn photobucket and give u the links if i work it out :(

Thanks love_ke70! That 1ggte looks pretty sweet! Mine is just a light poo brown stocker at the moment, but am gonna do just the basic mods to it (ie exhaust, carb, cams, rims & suspension), so i'll wack up pics when they're all done.

Didnt end up going out to the shop cause its 41c in adelaide today, but called the shop and the guy said a set of hurricane extractors would go for about $200ish, plus fitting. So that sounds a bit better i think! :)

• 2 weeks later...

my 4 into 1 pacemaker extractors cost $40 from a wreckers.

my sports exhaust with a 3 bolt flange on the extractors with a 1 7/8" system and a single reverse flow muffler cost $200 all up. this was at a place that allowed me to watch them hang the system.

all this was done around 6 years ago, and is still going strong. :harhar:

well, took the car in today, will be ready on friday nite or saturday morning.

He is doing the extractors, 2" exhaust, 1 muffler.

THEN he has to replace my front rotors as mine where rooted, they where grooved, warped, blue from heat, and where only 7mm thick!!.

so $200 later i will have hole new brakes.

get to pay him off though which is a huge bonus, so no huge lump some of cash!

will get pics when done, probably saturday or sunday!