Exhaust - Suggestions Please!

turbo_rolla

Looks nice jamie! Some sorta end result like that would be pretty good i reckon! Looks like that tip only just squeezed onto the muffler lol :) On a completely unrelated topic, what rims ya got on there? I'm looking to replace the pizza cutters soon also, so just getting some ideas (saw a set of watanabe's at a local wrecker - city dismantlers in adelaide, but they were 13").

yeah, the tip just fitted on. i had heaps of problems with it for a couple of years, cos it was hung like shit. i eventually got it fixed up and butt-welded to a new muffler, and it was all good. i still have it in the garage too hahaha

i don't know what the wheels are called, but they're made by ROH. they're just chromed steel. nice way to dodge insurance cos they're not "mags" or "alloys" or anything :( i've seen em round in 13" on ke20,30,70 and in 14" on bluebirds and the like, so you could get decent ones for a ke30 if you looked hard enough

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jamie! I'll probably just do the new muffler while I'm at it (depends what the existing one is like i guess). Will keep a look out for the rims too! Exhaust definately needs to be done soon though, as she's getting louder.....sounds nice hearing it rumble when ya back of the gas though :)

Here's what mine looks like atm....

mine is a 2 inch system with extractors and 15inch resonator under the passenger, basically a hotdog on the back (it doglegs through the muffler), 3 inch chrome droopy tip....

post-87-1135773464_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xany

Agreed nick! Anyone else got any pics of a dump pipe setup on their rolla? Will have a browse through the members section also. Are you guys running big or small hotdogs? Or none at all? :)

None at all, however, both myCorollas are road registered competition cars.

The 3/4K has custom extractors, 2.25 inch system with a single resonator, and the 2T-G again has custom extractors and a 2.25 system and single resonator. The 25 is loud, and the 55 is hideous.

Yeah, that might be the way to go felix :)

SOmething like yours xany is what i'll be going for i reckon! Cause the engine will only have a new carby, extractors & 25/65 cam (thanks nick!), i reckon i'll stick with the 1.75" system with a smallish droopy tip. Was considering a straight tip but the droopy tip looks good on yours xany so i reckon that's the way to go!

Selling my other car tomorrow, so this should hopefully be done within a week or two! Will get some pics up when its done! :(

Yeah, just made a few calls. Looks like the pricing for a 1.75" system with new muffler is about $180-$200. A 3" droopy tip is about $70-$80, and if i want a hotdog they're about $95. Both places said i can get away without the hotdog, and it'd increase the sound by about 1-2db. Guess i can get it without and see how it is, and if its too much then get one wacked on later. As long as its not farrrrrty I'm not too fussed! Thanks for your help so far guys! :)

I have a milo tin you can use :(

Yeah, just made a few calls. Looks like the pricing for a 1.75" system with new muffler is about $180-$200. A 3" droopy tip is about $70-$80, and if i want a hotdog they're about $95. Both places said i can get away without the hotdog, and it'd increase the sound by about 1-2db. Guess i can get it without and see how it is, and if its too much then get one wacked on later. As long as its not farrrrrty I'm not too fussed! Thanks for your help so far guys! :)

a 3 inch tip is $80??? WTF

Mine was $25