Aftermarket Ecu

_FNQ_rolla_

The MS3 is pretty new. It has a whole load of features on it and appears to be very powerful, but if you can't get it tuned that's useless to you. As someone said further up, get something your tuner is happy with, I'd be willing to bet a lot of places haven't heard of or don't want to touch an MS3 as they wouldn't have a lot in the way of manufacturer support.

Only get it if you like to tinker, have a car that can be off the road, probably for quite a long time, and you have the spare time to tune it properly.

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Thanks for the feed back on the different ECU’s, with some having features and some that do not have too many.

I have based my decision on an ECU that will allow me to expand by having extra inputs and outputs (having extra features that I may need down the track).

I went for a ViPEC engine management system.

post-10153-0-84924900-1328608473_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

you wont be dissapointed with the vipec. Awesome bit of kit and work extremely well with toyota reluctor setups. I use them in all my cars, started with a v88 that replaced the Autronic SM4 in my daily driver in 2008. If you do any street tuning yourself you'll find the mixture map a really handy feature.

I've also had good success with Adaptronic on a few cars, decent budget option but the tuning interface and logging leaves a lot to be desired when compared to the vipec VTS.