Vr Holden V6 With Auto Conversion

84DKE

i see auto boxes come for sale time to time in the for sale section or check the wrecking cars section on here, easiest thing to do is just replace the auto box with another... they are cheap most people convert to manual and get rid of the auto... that being said if you have the know how and have the parts to do v6 conversion... why not just go with that... just got to decide which road you want to take.

option 2 is a big conversion... and if it s just going to be runabout may not be worth the effort..

Yeah I'm not keen on the conversion i really didnt want to stuff around with the running gear an i only bought it cause i wanted a cheap on fuel runabout car n do the paint on it and interior while i build my clubby up.

the guy i bought it off was supposed to be a reliable mate an he owns a reputable wheel shop

On the cost called PHATWHEELS an didnt think he'd fuk me over plus he bought it for his daughter but he didnt wanna fuk around with the panel work so was supposed to be a good deal for me as i love doing my own panel work n wulda cost me near nothing an when i found out about the gearbox i told him i'll pay to get it checked out but if its fukd i don't want it an want my money back but he's a jerk n told me nope but he knows someone who will buy it for $200 an it hadnt even left his work shop n he charged me $400 so now i hav a cool lil rolla hahaha

Members dont see this ad

Dang got shafted. AE86DC is another corolla forum.

Your on the right track I see now. Keep checking the for sale and wrecking threads for something in your price range.

Aren't the early VN/VP hsv's worth good money now?

Mate just traded his VN clubby(80,000kms and spotless) for a new SSV ute. I nearly fell over when he told me they gave him 20k for it.

Dang got shafted. AE86DC is another corolla forum.

Your on the right track I see now. Keep checking the for sale and wrecking threads for something in your price range.

Aren't the early VN/VP hsv's worth good money now?

Mate just traded his VN clubby(80,000kms and spotless) for a new SSV ute. I nearly fell over when he told me they gave him 20k for it.

Hahah yeah i seen a vp hsv clubsport no.155 on ebay an the bidding was at $35 000 + with two days to go hahah i was gobbed smacked ..

But mine is no153 hahaha unfortunatelly the guy who owned it before me crashed it an all the dash an heater n vents were all smashed an wrecked an had to be replaced so after a long thought process i decided seeams i had to change it all an it wont be original i might aswell change it all,

So thats what ive done i got a full vy custom dash an door cards fibreglassed in but kept my rear seat cause its comfy as ʞ©$ɟ n don't look outta place with my coulsen front seats

Full custom firewall

Under dash boosterless system

Boxed in battery box,headlights,rails an rad support plus extra

Completely shaved

Relocated fuel filler

Sunroof

Seam welded

Soon to be mini tubbed to suit 22x10 showwheels

Coil overs

And a worked hi rise manifolded ls1

Pro scoop

Fuel cell n roll cage

Hahaha so u can see why i wanted a tidy corolla as a daily an not real keen on much spending on it as this ride takes all my coin haha

An cheers ill suss that other site out aswell lovin the help u guys are givin me

So quick on replys its great

An the speacilist said the engine mounts are the same an i just use the commodore gear box crossmember an re drill the holes to suit (not hard or rocket science) an anyone with half a brain knows u need a custon tailshaft fitted an he said to run a hilux diff other wise i can shorten an weld up a borgwarner which i no how to do n mini tubb it with coil overs to run wider tread an pump the gaurds ...

An as for wiring thats easy for me done a few transplants before just not on a corolla but the idea sounded alright seems i have a spare vr sitting doing nothing was just gettin other opinions BAD or GOOD cheers guys

Engine mounts aren't even remotely close to being the same and commodore crossmember is useless. Don't need a custom tailshaft, just shorten the standard corolla auto one around 3 inches (they are the same spline). I used standard corolla gearbox crossmember with elongated holes. Note: a large hammer will have to be used in the gearbox tunnel to clear the pan, and i used a standard diff, only broke 1 axle in the whole 3 years i had it. hope this clarifies things.

On a side note, this topic has been covered many, many times and a quick search would have netted you the information your after.

Alof of conversions do use the Commodore box member, and lug between the chassis rails bearing in mind its the right widths,

what most people don't realise is that the same member is also a template for alot conversions, so is right to some degree,

An XY crossmember will support most gearboxes

• 4 months later...