Ae71 Engine Swap

Brendo!

Hello all, I know people are going to say do your research etc i have looked around but its easier to grasp concept when your the one doing the questions. iwas wondering to do a engine swap to say a 4age or to do a black top 20v conversion what sort of cash would you be looking at and divided into what its being spent on, or even for a sr20 into a ke70 , hope to hear back thanks

Members dont see this ad

Hello all, I know people are going to say do your research etc i have looked around but its easier to grasp concept when your the one doing the questions. iwas wondering to do a engine swap to say a 4age or to do a black top 20v conversion what sort of cash would you be looking at and divided into what its being spent on, or even for a sr20 into a ke70 , hope to hear back thanks

There's a reason people say "do your research". I didn't know anything about anything when I first joined RC ( I still don't, really )I asked questions that now appear pretty silly to me. Pretty much everything you will need to know is on this website, if you do some reading, you will find the answers to your questions. Seeing as I've taken the time to write this, I may aswell throw some numbers out there. Since you have an AE71, if it's a manual then all you will really have buy is a 4AGE which could set you back $500 or it could cost $1500 depending on condition and choice of engine (16v, 20v, GZE etc) With almost all of them you will have to convert it to RWD. Going 20v is a bit more costly too.. And you're going to have to pay for a mechanic's labour which is going to be costly aswell.

In future, do some reading. There are some really good write ups on the 4AGE engines and how to put them into E7's. And maybe ask a few import wreckers about pricing on engines, gearboxes etc. Also talk to a mechanic to see what the cost of labour is going to be, That way you can grasp the concept, be the one asking the questions.

Edited by willis

lol! Nice one bAKER !

Don't expect change from $10,000 Brendo! Sure, everyonew ill tell you they did it for less, but they're the same people posting up "wiring help needed" and "4AGE misfire" topics. The cheap 4AGE you buy will likely need a $3000 rebuild before you start!

It will always take more than you expect to get it neat, tidy, looking good and fully reliable. There are always half-done projects for sale if you want to tackle one of those, you then have the advantage of someone else losing some of the money..

lol! Nice one bAKER !

Don't expect change from $10,000 Brendo! Sure, everyonew ill tell you they did it for less, but they're the same people posting up "wiring help needed" and "4AGE misfire" topics. The cheap 4AGE you buy will likely need a $3000 rebuild before you start!

It will always take more than you expect to get it neat, tidy, looking good and fully reliable. There are always half-done projects for sale if you want to tackle one of those, you then have the advantage of someone else losing some of the money..

10k, serious?

You could do it for <6k even if you buy brand new rwd stuff, a rwd manifold, aftermarket ecu wired and tuned, rebuild, fuel system etc, 10k would get you a really hot setup.

I only want to have spent 10k all up on car and my conversion (already have suspension, brakes, and everything but engine conversion sorted), so only have about 5k to spend on engine conversion but I got the engine for free, box setup is a bit under 3k for my conversion, $1000 max for cage, diff should be about $300, $250 for paint and rust repairs, and then the random stuff that is involved in any conversion, so will be very tight but should be able to squeeze it in there.