How Long To Install Ae92 Springs

kale

Members dont see this ad

As long as your angle grinder takes to spin up :P

If you're buying lower springs for it, it doesn't take long. Just do your best to remove the struts, (you can leave the rotors and calipers on if you want) take the tops off and replace the springs. Took me about an hour to do the fronts on my KE70. It was the first time I'd ever taken to a car with a spanner

As long as your angle grinder takes to spin up :P

If you're buying lower springs for it, it doesn't take long. Just do your best to remove the struts, (you can leave the rotors and calipers on if you want) take the tops off and replace the springs. Took me about an hour to do the fronts on my KE70. It was the first time I'd ever taken to a car with a spanner

yeah i have just bought a set of king springs so ill chuck them in and thanks i am going to do it today just don't tell the missus :no2: :laff:

As long as you have spring compressors it shouldn't take too long.

If not there isn't really isn't a safe way to compress the springs. You can get a couple of planks of wood/steel,

clamps and try to compress them. If the lowered spring don't need any compression when you put them over the strut

then you need short stroke struts otherwise expect poor ride quality!

the hardest part in this job is removing the nut on top that holds the top hat to the shock shaft.

ive had success with clamping the shock tube and using a socket....but only limited success.

best bet is a rattle gun and an aircompressor.

Edited by ke70dave

Or if you have the tools but don't know what to do, an hour for the first corner and 15 minutes each for the rest :P

Took me an hour or more just to do the fronts...I don't know why but I ended up taking my brake caliper off searching for a way to get the brake line out of the tab on the strut if you know what I mean. And from there I had to put the caliper back together, put that back on and discover that I couldn't get the brake line out without cutting the tab. So I didn't even bother removing the strut from the balljoint/tie rod end/whatever and just did it while it was still attached. Was a pretty lame job. First time I had ever done something mechanical. Figuring out how to put the caliper back together was the hardest part lol. Good learning experience though...

• Upvote 1