Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scissor Doors

Featured Replies

ok, thought i thhrow this one out there from across the ditch, does anyone know of a company that makes custom scissor-door kits? ive been trying to find some here and there are plenty of kits for wrx's and evos's etc but no-one does a custom kit to suit my sr. any ideas?

buy a kit from another car and modify it. AFAIK no one makes a kit for a corolla of any description. The only car that MIGHT have a kit is the AE86.

Yeah, I've seen an AE86 with sciscor doors before, I don't think that you actually buy the kits for specific cars, they have to be modified to fit whatever you are installing them into. Pretty sure you just buy a generic kit.

try a hotrod or customs shop, you'll probably have to import something from america

Yeah, I've seen an AE86 with sciscor doors before, I don't think that you actually buy the kits for specific cars, they have to be modified to fit whatever you are installing them into. Pretty sure you just buy a generic kit.

 

agree. I'm pretty sure that people will only have to stock popular car models like late model skylines or as you say wrx and evo stuff. but other than that I'm sure that you can only buy what medicine man said generic kits that you adapt to your application.

they have to be modified to fit whatever you are installing them into. Pretty sure you just buy a generic kit.

 

Well I've seen ads for scissor doors that have said that they do custom kits... however using my powers of induction I am thinking they might be more expensive that way...

 

However if u get an old corolla going with scissors doors that would be completely crazy, in a good way

i thought about this last year, ebay sell the kits, but the coula hundred wasnt worth it at the time, I'm pretty sure they were on ebay anyway...have a look, and yeah they fit any car without too many hassles :rocknroll:

I saw some on a AE86 the other day, some guy welded house door hinges to his A pillars.

 

I am serious!! looked good from a distance, will get a photo next time!

 

Made the door pretty bloody heavy (no struts in it yet)

lol @ no struts

lol @ house door hinges

 

how ingenious

i like this person :P

how they work?

like straight out and up? like a birds wing?

how do carparks go with them?

ooh, that would be hot

imagine the engineering involved tho

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.