69 第十 カローラ (Ke10 Corolla)

Jono.C

Members dont see this ad

Mate keen to see how this crossmember goes!

Just a pointer with spot Putty, it's a single pack so it takes a long time to dry and contracts a lot more than bog; fill to deep and you'll find it'll depress quite a bit over time.

Much easier to work than bog like you've discovered, but just keep an eye on it cos it's a trap I fell into long ago, filling to deep then having to rework it after I'd primed it up.

Edited by philbey

Yep that's exactly what my old man said, so I put it on pretty thick and left it overnight to dry

I used it a bit on the green ke10 before I sprayed it just to get it completely smooth, much better than filler for small stuff

Edited by Jono.C

Hasn't moved, I've been getting the boot lid ready to go on.

I still need to research struts as I may go a different direction with this than I was first going to..

I thought today about mounting the castor rod setup etc in it and how I'll do it, as I wasn't too keen on the ideal of drilling holes in my chassis rail..

It'll be fully sik though.

I only want -1 to 1.5 and thats it. I don't want it for show or for tyre wear to show off to people at the maccas car park.

Just adding a touch of negative camber instead of the positive it has now, and a bit of castor adjustment will make it crazy better to drive

Body is still pretty average on it.. I've nearly finished the boot at least.. Then i need to tidy the rest of it up..

Get this front end together, engine and manual conversion in, need to change the inner door handle to the later model, change the seats to something more buckety etc..

Then start planning the engine conversion and whoring bits to get that all done