Rear Bumper/ Dash

What's the easiest way to remove the rear bumper. I have minimal tools and fear i will have to remove the fuel tank just to get it off. Must be an easier way.

Whats the easiest way to remove the dash?

Yes I'm a bit of a noob, this is my first re-build so i appreciate all the help i can get. :blinks:

Thanks in advance.

Members dont see this ad

Ahhhhaha had the exact same problem with my first ever ke70!!!

Except, i did manage to get to those nuts, and was trying to undo them for ages, i even borrowed a rattle gun to try it.

Anyway, long story short, those nuts are welded on to the shell of the car, and the bolts come through from the boot, they are hidden under the black plastic cups just in front of the back of the brake lights.

Hope that saved you the pain and troubles i had with it hahaha

^ Yep 4 bolts in the boot. It's still not simple though, i've always had to use great force to get them undone, 30 years of grime and rust. Either that or the previous owner was a huge dude! But they were TIGHT.

Edited by Jono.C

If found a rattle gun was the easiest with a short extention bar, took the best part of a minute.

As for the dash ive had mine in and out in both my sevs about 1000 times haha. Do you just want to get the dash pad off?? if so you need to remove the plastic shroud with the vents in it that goes around the spedo cluster and radio by removing the screws from the bottom of the pannel and underneath the top of the dash. You will need to take the knobs off the radio to, they just pull off then undo the two nuts and washers from under the knobs. Also there should be some screws under the front of the dash when you open the glove box up and 2 in either side when you open the doors up.

Once you get all the screws out and remove the plastic shroud there should be 2 nuts right up the front underneath the dash directly in front of the steering wheel and 2 underneath the glove box which you might need to remove to get at from memory, which is just a matter of more screws. Then it should just pull straight out but pull the dash towards yourself rather than straight up as it has two clips at the back of it that it slides into.

Might be a tad hard to understand but i hope that helps just unscrew all the screws you can see if that doesnt help and see what happens :laff:

Cheers Matt

Edited by shLONG13

I thought there must be an easier way through the boot so had quick look but didn't investigate hard enough obviously. Cheers all for your help I'll let you know how i go.

Haha took 2 mins to pull off cheers. 17 socket little elbow grease and she fell off. Haven't had any stubborn nuts and bolts so far hope this continues.

Edited by SternBlend