Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke10 - Ke11 Dash Wiring

Featured Replies

G'day. The wiring in my ke10 under the dash in my ke10 could do with tidying up and i want to put a new radio in it.

 

It has the late model Ke11 dash in it. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or can tell me what colour wires do what?

 

Cheers

I can help with the radio.

 

My Ke11 never had a radio. I found a const 12v plug behind where it would have gone into the factory radio or cigarette lighter, white male two pin if i remember correctly; and just took switch 12v and luminate from the plug at the back of the speedo panel.

 

You can do all this with a test light, not to tricky due to the simplicity of their design.

Edited by warrenfromtonny

  • Author

The main thing is there's wires everywhere joined and spliced and I can't tell what they are. I don't want to fiddle as they could break because they're not joined very well, so just wanted to know what colour does what.

 

I have a blue with a fuse that's spliced into a green I think?

I'll have a look in the factory manuals though note that they were published in 1967 I think. I know the fusebox's changed over time so presumably the looms at least to some minor degree? I have the factory supplements and so on, so if it exists I should have it. Can easily scan and post up.

  • Author

That would be great if you could!

The main thing is there's wires everywhere joined and spliced and I can't tell what they are. I don't want to fiddle as they could break because they're not joined very well, so just wanted to know what colour does what.

 

I have a blue with a fuse that's spliced into a green I think?

 

 

Sounds like it could do with a bit of fiddeling. Crappy wiering can cause

your pride and joy to go upp in flames

These have been sourced from the Factory Body Supplement Book from April 1968 production.

 

Each of these pages have been scanned in at A3 size, so ideally print in A3. When looking at the dash cluster pages, the S suffix refers to the tacho dash

 

 

KE1x loom 1.pdf

 

 

KE1x loom 2.pdf

 

 

KE1x Harness.pdf

 

 

KE1x dash cluster.pdf

Edited by parrot

So glad someone else had these... I know I have them somewhere but have been too busy to track the book down. Still felt bad for not helping :P

  • Author

Huge thanks for that parrot!

 

I tidied most of it this afternoon. It has a three way toggle switch where the cigarette lighter should be that controls two tape decks, i took one out and had all this wiring.

 

All sorted pretty much now though. Stereo is the next thing. Some wang has wired the speakers up queer.

 

So you have 2 speakers, each speaker has 2 speaker wires. L1 L2 R1 R2 lets call them, And then the ones in the car. L1 from the stereo goes to L1 in the car, R1 goes from stereo to R1 in car. L2 goes to R2 in car, And R2 goes to l2 in car. :blinks:

 

Think someone just has them wrong at the speaker end.

 

Anyway big thanks for that :yes: :y:

Edited by Jono.C

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.