Are Bumper Bars Needed For Rwc?

love ke70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie, the front apron usually lines up with the bottom of the guards right? Or at best a few mm lower than them, which makes for ALOT of cooler lower than where the apron will end.

I think it looks silly, and you will be smashing it on all sorts of things.

For christ sake f@$k the air con off, and make the thermo fit on the other side of the radiator, if it wont, move the radiator towards the front a few cm's.

You will get sick of the cooler that low as soon as you start driving it.

Cops are going to see that are defect you on something else anyway... Move the god dam cooler up. Some times you have to compromise, if you want an IC you can't have A/C. Ke70's weren't built to have a radiator, condenser and intercooler shoved up there nose.

If I was in your situation, I would have bought 2 supra IC's (ive got 1) and mounted them around the support bracket in the middle, and just plumed them in series.

I would imagine the cooler sticks quite a bit lower then the aprin, just looking at that now, id say it would definly munt it self on the drive ways around here.

ill bung the apron on after work today, it sits much lower the bottom of the guards from what i remember. we'll have to see

air con is not yet in, and at the moment ive worked out that a different aircon rad will be needed if i am to get it in, its all a work in progress.

i quite like it, and if it pisses me off too much ill move it

radiator would be a serious job to move, as it doesnt sit ontop of the rail like the original did. so that means to move the radiator to outside the bay i would have to put it outside and lower than the front rail to clear the bonnet and the the bottom hose will have to come under the rail and then into the bay.

irokin, i never thought spray painting intercoolers was a good idea, reduces its cooling ability apparently. i assume the paint would insulate the fins :(

jason, if i do kill this one, i will look at something different, but lets not throw this idea away just coz it might catch a few things, just get a wheel on the curb then swing in and it wont be an issue i think, or reverse :cool:

nick, i don't see any sharp edges, and its well behind the bumper

like said up there ^ ill try something if i f@$k this one up. but lets have a little faith and try something different :)

rolla boy, a replacement core is probably only about 150-200 dollars, in the greater scheme of things its fairly cheap

i know it wasnt built for a straight 6, thats why i love having one :(

felix, I'm not an idiot, i'm in the process of setting it up running blow through

Edited by love ke70

maybe if the fins were made black then yes, but spraypaint no. because by painting it you reduce its other ability to cool, which is much greater than the small gain from the different colour. you have to think about the clogging and insulating the paint will have, as metal conducts heat better than paint

Radiator paint is different to normal black paint, they use that paint for the exact reason love_ke70 is saying, You will notice, when people do show cars, they paint the end tanks and the side bands the colour of the car, but the radiator core remains black.

And radiator cores usually come black, but when work is done on them, the need to have a layer of paint to cover all the marks during the cutting/cleaning/welding process...and this is done with special radiator paint.

(I used to work in Natrad)