Are Bumper Bars Needed For Rwc?

love ke70

hmmph, i hate rules, i don't like manufacturing/modifying things to fit either :P

can i just put like this tiny ass pissy little thing in its place? that runs along the line of the bottom of the trim, so it don't block flow?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a couple of ideas..

i have seen people drill alot of holes in whatever pattern they like to get some extra airflow through to the cooler behond the bumper. looks dodgey though.

i have also seen people cut a square hole of a fair size in the bumper and fill it with mesh. looks better but i don't know if either idea is legal though.

since ADR's state that you must have a bumper then thats black and white, just aim for grey areas if you really want it. do they say anything about not being allowed to modify the bumper? ie. mesh filled hole?

il see if i can find a picture of what I'm on about. unless you know already

Edited by muller

intercooler will be staying this size

no adr covers the bumpers from what i could see, i put them all up there^^

hence i think its a grey area that i can work on, i was thinking holes, but the problem is the metal bar the bumper sits on is serious stuff and its gonna be alota work to get a reasonable amount of air flowing thru it.

a picture might be handy, just so we are definately on the right brainwave :P

cheers guys

Why don't you ring the motor registry authority in your area, and ask for tech standards, and ask them specifically what the rules are, OR if you can get an exact copy in writing of what you are allowed to do, and then when you do that, come rego day, they wont have a problem.....

You may even be allowed to cut the centre of the bar out completely, and have the number plate on the side. I have seen cars like this (just don't know if it was done legally, or after rego)

And cutting the centre out and leaving the edges is basically what bumperettes is, like on the back of older utes, the little tiny bumpers that just cover each back corner, they are bumperettes.

i like the way u think, ill call them monday, well try and findout who to call and try and get a straight answer from them...should be interesting

i can see this bumperetter thing working, as long as they don't deem the front bar to be front impact zone...

ill just have to wait and see then wont i

cheers guys

love ke70: i was thinking of mounting the cooler on my project hte same way as your second pic, i often wonderd about how much would be coverd with a bumper and it appears my fears were correct. Best bet would be an aftermarket ae86 bar at a guess.

or do what I'm thinking and get somethign like this made up.

post-414-1137203850.jpg