Are Bumper Bars Needed For Rwc?

love ke70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know where it's gunna go...in the f@$kin bin :y:

2nd that, just wind the window down or something.

theres heaps of good ideas commin over here and youll just need to make a short list and try them without actually mounting them there and start crossing each idea off the list untill one is both fittable and practical and then do it.

V mount and top mount would never work id have thought. no room at all for that. but i don't own a ke70 so i wouldnt know exactly. :P

hmm, i really would prefer to run aircon, and i know i can make it happen, i mean i can mount the air con radiator anywhere and just put a fan on it if the worst comes to the worst.

gonna ring qld transport today and TRY get a definite answer on the bumper bar needs, don't like my chances tho

Haha yeah, serious racecars don't run aircon :P

Not!

Some new Le Mans rules for some classes accually force them to run aircon and keep the temperature in the cabin below a certain temperature. I think its a great idea!

These are LMP1/2 rules from what I read.

14.1.9 – Temperature inside the cockpit (closed car) :

The ambient temperature around the driver must not be higher

than 30°C (86°F) whatever the temperature on the outside when

the car is in motion. After a stop, the temperature must go back

down to this value in 5 minutes maximum.

An efficient air conditioning system comprising a compressor, a

condenser, a pressure reducer and an evaporator is compulsory

for the closed cars. It must be described on the homologation

form and approved by the ACO.

see, I'm preparing my car for lemans :P

well i called qld transport and spoke to an inspector, he said that yes you must have a bumper

and if I'm to get it changed id have to get it engineered.

the basic reasoning was if i smash into a dum arse pedestrian that steps out in front of me i can be sue'd because it may be deemed that their injuries are greater than what they would have been without a bumper

i asked about just takin the middle out and he said the same thing, if i hit them with the bit with no bumper i may be liable. and coz its not a recognised modification on the insuramce they wont cover me

sooo, I'm going with 160 mm clearance off the ground and that way one about 90 mm disappears behind the bumper and theres a large gap between bumper and intercooler wheras if it goes higher it sits against the thermofan and presses against the bumper. so i think ill get good flow over the whole thing at this level, and ive popped down the autobarn and bought that ricey mesh crap that goes inside front spoilers and ill just fit that over the cooler to protect it from rocks/birds/ufos/butterflys and pedestrians.

ill just avoid high curbs but it sits about the same height if not higher than the stock metal trim thingy which ive gotten rid of and that had no damage sooo I'm thinking I'm safe from speed bumps etc

so yeah, thats my story lol

any thoughts?

Edited by love ke70