The Joely-Rolla -- Ke30 2-Door Project.

JJT036

hey mate got a quick question on my 55 the left side door handles on the outside when you open them they get stuck n don't come back down, is that due to a spring or something inside the door or?

jesse

go out and buy a can of INOX from burson and spray where the hindge pins are on the handle it will sort it out

cheers

woz

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much to update.

It now lives in the Garage next to Ollie, instead of battering weather.

We removed the tailights to inspect the rust in that section, and it's actually not bad. Looks pretty easy to repair.

We've also found the colour for it. It's not yellow, or midnight blue either. It's a very wicked Triple-Layer Pearl Colour. We've put some on one of the panels, and it looks really awesome. :yes:

The plans for this project from this stage are simple: Find one or two parts, Prep and Paint it, Get the Engine Sorted, then RWC and Rego for Joel to learn in.

We MIGHT get some photo's up later this week of where we're at, but can't guarantee it.

Woz, Josh & Joel. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a perfect little project. I own one ke30 too.

Do you mind if I ask a couple questions?

Ive had a couple wiring issues also with her, and some issues with clutch cables (one snapped, and one i ordered was too big, and rubbed against the flywall). Funnily enough the top dash also has a small crack in it. Are there any common issues you've found through these?

I'm curious to know ;)

Looks like a perfect little project. I own one ke30 too.

Do you mind if I ask a couple questions?

Ive had a couple wiring issues also with her, and some issues with clutch cables (one snapped, and one i ordered was too big, and rubbed against the flywall). Funnily enough the top dash also has a small crack in it. Are there any common issues you've found through these?

I'm curious to know ;)

hey bud

feel free to send me a pm on the issues you have and i will see if i can answer them I'm tryin to keep the thread clean on just the build of the rolla

not a Q&a time

cheers

Joel

Spent today inspecting the rust in it, the good and the bad of it. Got all the rust cleaned up with a wire brush, and now its ready for some rust converter. then we'll spray some matte black in a pressure pack over it. We also changed the steering wheel and the ignition barrel to ones that aren't stuffed.

To all the young people who think silicone fixes rust, it doesn't. The previous owner had fixed some of the rust using silicone, so it was removed it with a wire brush.

Below are photos of all the major rust in it, all cleaned up and ready for some rust converter. And one of the new steering wheel and ignition barrel.

Above the R-H Tailight.

post-8003-0-04179400-1336807829_thumb.jpg

Below the R-H Tailight.

post-8003-0-36021700-1336807837_thumb.jpg

Above the L-H Tailight.

post-8003-0-62286100-1336807843_thumb.jpg

L-H Rear Window.

post-8003-0-90463700-1336807849_thumb.jpg

L-H Front Corner of the Bonnet.

post-8003-0-87323600-1336807855_thumb.jpg

New Steering Wheel and Ignition Barrel.

post-8003-0-51160200-1336807861_thumb.jpg

Woz. :cool:

The rust doesn't look too bad, you can easily find worse on other K series rollas. Are you just going to use rust converter and filler, or are you going to go the hard yards, cut out the old metal and weld fresh metal in?

I also hear that silicone absorbs or attracts water, so that is also another rust promoting property of it.

The rust doesn't look too bad, you can easily find worse on other K series rollas. Are you just going to use rust converter and filler, or are you going to go the hard yards, cut out the old metal and weld fresh metal in?

I also hear that silicone absorbs or attracts water, so that is also another rust promoting property of it.

going to cut and weld new bits in

Did a wheel rotation yesterday, and looked at the car more thoroughly. We changed the back wheels to some spare R31s we have for Josh's, and put one of the good rear 13s onto the Front Right as the old one was punctured and flat. We then got out some Matte Black Pressure-Pack, and sprayed up all 4 wheels. Looks really tough from the back now. We just need to (again) find some R31s with skinnier front tyres, and get some dress rings, and it'll look pimpin'. :yes:

post-8003-0-15362000-1337515728_thumb.jpg

post-8003-0-09765700-1337515736_thumb.jpg

post-8003-0-80573600-1337515743_thumb.jpg

Also, we've put up a Wanted Ad for a 1-piece Dash, and some Rust Repair Sections for KE30/55 Sedan. http://www.rollaclub...epair-sections/

Below is a pic of the Rust Repair Sections we're after.

post-8003-0-60866100-1337515717_thumb.jpg

Woz, Josh & Joel. :cool:

Edited by JJT036