Suspension: 2 Link Rear End On Leafs

BUZ440

ring Luke, at turboshop/motorfab 0416 817 4 one one. tell him andy sent ya, hes flat out at the moment but would prob be interested in doing it in a couple of months or something?

the engineer we are using is Werner from TIC, 0418 551 3 three one.

see if they can help you out if you still wanna look into the 4 link idea...

Members dont see this ad

What are you trying to achieve Carlos?

As above 4 link can be approved. Another one is KV at caloundra, he will do it, and approve it tubs and all.

Anything in those pictures is the same level of engineering as a 4 link anyway, if you can engineer that, than you can engineer a 4 link.

Cheers andy and matt,

I'm aware all shops are very busy, and have been researching and studying as much info

To get all power to the ground, and if setup get some wheels off the ground, importantly street legal

I don't think you could accurate guage the required spring rate when using leaf and coilovers together.

The amount of fab work required for towers and re-inforcing the rear chassis to handle the 4 link (or 2 link) setup would be almost equal to a proper ladder bar setup, then everything is off the shelf (albeit a shelf made from GOLD)

Then you have lateral forces youd need to support aswell. Panhard rod or watts links setup

Some ideas

http://www.rodandcus...ng/viewall.html

Edited by cuzzo

Not sure if this is the thing that your after but have a look at post 111 http://www.rollaclub...r/page__st__105

That would probably best sum up what I'm looking at,

However, as OKE030 coil overs are at the back of the housing, assuming a rail has been welded underneath to tie them into, and he is running the numbers to show that it is effective, and is street legal rear end

As the Corolla has the shocks position in the front, have the coilovers from the front,

Ladder bar setup will locate the diff, but with leafs wont need that extra bit, I have made enquiries to mcdonald bros racing and been to some fab shops to have a better look in person

In my opinion keeping the leaf springs keeps it simple!

The video below is a good one to watch, TRD KP47 3K-R... most of us have probably seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_SkekfNdZ8

For my car ( say 200kw at the wheels oneday ) all I believe I will need is:

These: Caltracs whatever you want to call them...

parts021.jpg

Keep the main leaf of the spring pack to locate the diff ( same as TRD KP47 )

301730_233894126719383_100002963930519_423567_1388464561_n.jpg

A Panhard rod, Watts linkage, Mumford link whatever you want to do to keep the diff inline.

Now for spring rate and dampening adjustment.... well coilovers are the best thing for that!

251255_1720464175597_1358074455_1644783_3102025_n.jpg

this is in a datto 1200 coupe... S13 KEI office coilovers shortened and put in the rear...

I plan on making up a bracket off the back of my diff housing where the axles are because it looks messy haha. I will have to widen my shock towers, brace and strengthen them up. Engineer is fine with everything so far, he recomoneded 4 link but I can't run backseats with 4 link and ʞ©$ɟ having a 2 seater lol!

Cheers for those pics and vid Jordain,

In combination to running the widest tyres possible without cutting the rails, seems the outer guard could be the only option thus far,

I have yet to see coilovers in the rear of a leaf sprung, and looks interesting,

Ill have to go back to the drawing board, as alot of these setups work on the their own merits