Vt Saloon Car Build, Super Six Touring Car Racing

glenpos

Members dont see this ad

Yea the later ecotec's had a slightly larger intake valve when I was looking into the heads we stumbled across it on a VY series 2 head, to be honest though the port is the same and it's only 0.3mm or so bigger I doubt it would have an effect on performance. Just make sure you follow the rule book. saves hassles in the long run.

RA30_Group_3k_2012(saloon cars)

9 (A). ENGINE – VT HOLDEN COMMODORE

9.1 (a) The only permitted engine is the V6 Ecotec engine as fitted to the VT Holden Commodore.

9.2 (a) Cylinder head valves: The valves’ seat faces must be re-cut at 45°. Back cutting of the valves is permitted. The

maximum inlet valve size is 45.7mm and the exhaust 38.6mm.

yeah i'm following the rules, yeah probs wouldn't make any difference, i can't remember the measurements but they were smaller than the max size, wonder how much its gonna cost to get the valve seat faces re-cut at 45°

The V6 sprintcar guys are coming up with all sorts of shit to get more HP from their setups (sounds like similar rules to your class for black track)

Angle milling heads, moving them over the get better valve positioning (in terms of the plug and ports Vs pistons)

Changing rocker geometry (limited to standard rockers) to get more lift at the valve

Lots of 1/100th type things that all add up in the long run to make a better more refined motor.

this is what can be done to the heads.

9.2 (a) Cylinder head valves: The valves’ seat faces must be re-cut at 45°. Back cutting of the valves is permitted. The maximum inlet valve size is 45.7mm and the exhaust 38.6mm.

Cylinder heads: It is permitted to machine the valve seats in the cylinder heads at 45° with the overcut/undercut angles/radii being free.

It is permitted to reclaim the valve seats as per the manufacturer’s specifications, including through the use of a seat insert.

It is permitted to machine the top of the valve guides to a minimum height of 20mm above the spring seat.

It is permitted to machine the ports from the valve seat to the untouched valve guide boss with the largest diameter at the valve seat.

All machine work must be concentric with the centre line of the original valve guide.

It is permitted to machine the cylinder head face parallel to the original surface to obtain the minimum combustion chamber volume.

The use of hardened or machined valve collets and retainers is permitted.

The valve springs are free subject to there being a maximum of two springs per valve. It is permitted to fit shims under the valve springs.

It is permitted to machine the valve spring seats to obtain the correct valve spring installed height.

It is permitted to de-burr the valve spring seats locally after machining, provided it is to industry standards. Other hand or mechanical finishing of the valve spring seats is not permitted.

9.9 (a) Head gasket: The cylinder head gaskets must be of standard configuration type and dimensions for the model with the following minimum thickness: 0.95mm.

9.10 (a) Valve train: It is permitted to shim the rocker arm pedestals to obtain the correct tappet settings.

I managed to squeeze a 3L surge tank under the car just so I didn't have to make the firewall. I have finally got around to putting up some footage of my car out at Morgan Park -

if you check the channel theirs also some footage of practice in the wet.

thats awesome mate, feel free to post any new footage you take, i love watching it :y: well done in the race, it looks like a awesome track, and i love the wet too, gotta love a bit of sideways action,

yeah i would have liked something like that but the one i got was the only one i could get around here so soon, and it was $95 and the pump was $90 too so was pretty good.

oh and i subscribed to your channel haha

Thanks for watching. I should have the footage of race 2 and 3 up soon I made some errors in race 2 and fall back into the pack so there's more passing footage. good score with the surge tank too i think i paid $130 for my tank and it is only a 3L yours looks a bit bigger than that, well done.

yea 1.5L will stop the surge I use about 2.5L of E85 for a full lap of Morgan Park so technically I can run out of fuel and complete a lap on the surge tank alone, but your never at full throttle or in high G corners 100% of the time so it will have time to refill on the straights if your running a really light fuel load.

• 2 weeks later...

G'day, cars getting there, surge tanks hooked up and working, seems a touch better too, might be because of more fuel pressure, put a different air intake setup for a bit more cold air, i can't use it in saloon cars but will be better for now anyways.

waiting for my caliper brackets to turn up so i can put the brakes on, you can only buy them from one place that the rules allow, he was meant to send them a week ago but i rang today and it was sitting on their desk, should turn up as long as they sent them today.

pulled the rear brakes off and removed the handbrake shoe etc, and had a play with the pads and discs, there was a rusty lip that the pads had been touching, before i could barely turn the wheels, now they spin freely, was hard to push the car before too and now its much easier so should be a bit better,

racing sunday so should be fun, might even rain ;)

post-15067-0-96697700-1374148857_thumb.jpg

post-15067-0-82064400-1374148883_thumb.jpg

post-15067-0-11992400-1374148946_thumb.jpg