September 11, 201214 yr comment_626310 the red looks really good mate, gl with the rest of your build! can't wait to see the plenum for your trumpets i want them for mine but theres that annoying thing called then air flow metre etc and i don't know how to bypass it. Report
September 11, 201214 yr Author comment_626338 i got my rear strut brace from japland. I saw some in japland but i'm too impatient to wait for it to get here!!! haha the red looks really good mate, gl with the rest of your build! can't wait to see the plenum for your trumpets i want them for mine but theres that annoying thing called then air flow metre etc and i don't know how to bypass it. Thanks jake, i wasn't too sure about the color at first but it has grown on me now i love it!!! I painted my rims tonight and am taking them in to have the semi's fitted tomorrow. New rotors pad's and wheel bearings going in tomorrow too!!! Then some more painting. Report
September 12, 201214 yr comment_626424 i got my rear strut brace from japland. cars looking great :D Cusco brace from Japland, awesome, shiny and bolts right up! You can also get ultra racing ones too Well this escalated quickly, I thought you were just doing a box change? Hahaha looking good mate!! Report
September 12, 201214 yr Author comment_626533 Well this escalated quickly, I thought you were just doing a box change? Hahaha looking good mate!! haha yeah.... funny how one thing leads to another then before you know it your building a race car!!! Report
September 19, 201214 yr Author comment_627665 Some updates!!! Got my brake's finished. I went to the wreckers on the weekend to get a few bit and found a sweet front lip!! Also got an oil cooler setup. After a bit of cutting the lip fits almost perfect and the cooler is mounted in the bar! Not %100 sure if i like the cooler hanging out like that as i'd hate for it to get damaged by a stone or someting but it looks cool!! haha The whole bar, cooler included will be getting a coat of black paint soon tho so it wont be as noticeable!! I've also got rid of a bit more weight from the doors, especially the rear's. They are pretty much just a shell now only able to be opened from the outside and the window will be permanently shut. The front doors are still complete, I just removed the trim and replaced it with thin MDF board. not sure what I'm goin the cover the board with yet..... And finally everything is painted and ready to be re-assembled. Still working on my plenum and the air intake setup, hoping to have most of it done by the weekend. Report
September 19, 201214 yr comment_627707 brake setup looks the goods. how are you fixing the rear windows into place? Report
September 20, 201214 yr Author comment_627891 brake setup looks the goods. how are you fixing the rear windows into place? Thanks Azza, I'll make up a small block probably out of wood to fit inside the window runner and screw it into place, make sure its nice and tight tho don't want it to rattle or leak! Report
October 1, 201214 yr Author comment_629729 Car is back together and driving!! YAYA.... Still a few little things left to do but here is what it looks like now. Just gotta finish the center console for the tacho to sit in and some buttons and still haven't finished my plenum yet but that can come later. The car feels way better to drive now with the new box! LSD is awesome! New exhaust and headers give it a much deeper tougher sound. Going to test and tune on Wednesday night to run it down the quarter. Before I did anything to the car it's best time was 16.2 will be interesting to see the difference. Report
October 1, 201214 yr comment_629737 i really like this. any reason u didnt throw the blacktop in? Report
October 1, 201214 yr Author comment_629780 i really like this. any reason u didnt throw the blacktop in? Thanks!! No reason really other than i like the silver top better. Stronger bottom end, and i didn't really want to go to all the effort to put the bt in (even tho its not much) for only a small gain in power. Plus the $$$ i got for the engine has paid for everything i wanted to do. Report
October 2, 201213 yr comment_629904 wow it came out really well!! great effort!! in time you might consider a 7A bottom end, doesnt like to rev high but great for a 10psi turbo set up :P and that oil cooler is BOSS!!! Edited October 2, 201213 yr by Hans Report
October 2, 201213 yr comment_629912 If you want something cheap and light to cover your door cards, go to spotlight and grab some vinyl. Costs about $15 for a 1x2m strip. These are the ones I made for my old KE70, same as yours just some MDF but I stretched the vinyl over the edges and stapled it with 6mm staple gun staples. Only thing is the staples might push through so you need to lay a thin bit of padding down but you can get this 5mm white fluff sh1t from spotlight too. Cars looking schweeeet Report
October 3, 201213 yr comment_629983 Looking awesome dude!! I think tis time for some coilovers ;) Report
October 4, 201213 yr Author comment_630200 wow it came out really well!! great effort!! in time you might consider a 7A bottom end, doesnt like to rev high but great for a 10psi turbo set up :P and that oil cooler is BOSS!!! Thanks mate!!! I'm still undecided as to which way i will go with the engine N/A or Turbo???? hmmmm.... I'd have to say I'm leaning towards N/A atm but who knows. The oil cooler looks awesome, not so sure on the practicality of it tho as i just spent 15 mins picking all the bugs out from last night!! hahaha. If you want something cheap and light to cover your door cards, go to spotlight and grab some vinyl. Costs about $15 for a 1x2m strip. These are the ones I made for my old KE70, same as yours just some MDF but I stretched the vinyl over the edges and stapled it with 6mm staple gun staples. Only thing is the staples might push through so you need to lay a thin bit of padding down but you can get this 5mm white fluff sh1t from spotlight too. Cars looking schweeeet Cheers!!! I thought of using vinyl to cover the doors but i ended up just painting them with export satin black hahaha super cheap had it on special!!! Came out ok but i will probably go the vinyl when the paint starts to look shit. This is how they turned out, Looking awesome dude!! I think tis time for some coilovers ;) Thanks mate, Coils and sway bars are most certainly next 2 thing on my list!!! Just need to start saving up some dollars!!! I have read your build thread right through but can't remember what you are running.... An advice or recommendations? I'm set on whiteline for the sway bars but as for coils I haven't really looked into it too much just yet. looks awsome mate Cheers Azza!! So last night I went out to the willowbank test and tune night super keen to see what diference all this work had made.... I had in mind mid to low 15's. My first race i was up against my mate in his Gti-r and i already knew i was gonna loose!!! haha. My first take off was soooo bad!! The sticky track, semi slicks and LSD made the car completely different to last time i was there!!! I axel tramped hard off the line and missed 3rd gear 3 times!!! and only ran a 16.4 My next few runs were not so bad, still axel tramping a little bit off the line I got down to a 16 flat then a 15.9 and 15.7. Last race of the night I was up against another of my mates in his Evo 8, his best time for the night was a 14.8 so were wern't to far apart, I got a decent take off, no axel tramp and managed to be almost level at 60ft then he pulled away... I ran a 15.6 tho best time for the night so i was really happy with that. I know the car can go faster too i just need a bit more practice to get it right!! Here is my time slip. Not bad considering i was up against an Evo!!! That was also his best time for the night too. Pic I found today. Edited October 4, 201213 yr by ShAe82 Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now