Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3Sge In Ke16

Featured Replies

(snip).. should be around 890-920kg. With 180kw at the wheel's it won't be mucking around. (snip)

 

Is that all?

  • 3 weeks later...

I've done a 3sge Gen 2 swap in a KE25. W58 gearbox, T series LSD, coilovers etc etc. I did recess the firewall, but didn't really need to.

 

Got it regoed in Tassie.

 

As far as weight goes, my 3sge was only 9 or 14kg heavier (yes, with all bolt ons) than a 3k. And the balance was 53% up front, and 47 rear, with just under 1/2 a tank of fuel.

The guy I sold it to did have issues with rego in NSW because of the firewall mods.

 

Don't know how you would go with a beams in a KE1X, with the standard steering- it would possibly foul - hitting the belhousing when turning sharp.

I ended up doing a Rack and Pinion conversion using AE86 stuff. That was much better.

 

And as far as power delivery, well an injected twincam 2litre is WAY more torquey and happy than a K series motor that's tuned within an inch of it's life.

Rob

std beams makes 210 hp at the flywheel so about 115 to 130 kws at the back wheels .no way a std beams makes 180kws

Nothing wrong with "old school" horse power. My 7K has been in my car for the last 3 years, done plently of race events & daily drives with nothing but regular oil changes. Makes 105hp at the wheels, easy to drive and starts every time ( unless the batterys flat ). No engineering issues, easy to maintain and service and to most people looks just like the original 3k.

I'm not sure how old you are but for the less experienced driver there's enough grunt here to get you into serious trouble. As for the weight thing, my KE17 comes in at 833kg with me in it, 3/4 tank of fuel and a half and a bit cage. My car also is pretty much complete including carpet, heater, seats etc. The only things i've removed is the front bumper for looks and the back section of back seat for the cage fitment.

If you want to do the Beams thing, better in a KE70/AE71.

post-834-005681500 1298804577_thumb.jpg

post-834-036695000 1298804464_thumb.jpg

std beams makes 210 hp at the flywheel so about 115 to 130 kws at the back wheels .no way a std beams makes 180kws

 

Quite correct- 125RWKW would be the norm in Altezzaclub dyno runs on stock motors. Sadly we're pushing 1360kg of luxury lard around...

 

Love that lifted wheel Gav!!

  • 6 years later...

I realize this is an older post but I'm doing exactly this... ke16 with a beams. It does not fit but can fit with mods but I'm going a bit further. I'm also doing suspension mods... ae82 cross member and suspension and adjustable coil overs. Haven't decided if I'll narrow the cross member to make track width the same as stock or if I'll use flares. Time will tell I guess. you can see some of the progress on instagram @defender_jon

Edit: I'm using KE70 suspension

Edited by Defender Jon

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.