New Rims On My Ke70

turbo_rolla

Hey Guys, thought i'd share my new purchase with everyone. Picked up a set of 14x7 ROH Hotwires that'd been cleaned up & sprayed off ebay the other night. Picked them up today and got some rubber put on them :P They look pretty good (imo), and its great cause the wheels don't screech when you go around a round about @ 25km/h, and she's handling a bit better. Anyway, here are some before and after pics. Feel free to add any comments etc!

Before:

dscn392711am.jpg

After:

dscn429111ty.jpg

Before:

dscn392915cj.jpg

After:

dscn428918pb.jpg

Before:

dscn393014wu.jpg

After:

dscn428613fl.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmm:

dscn428818qx.jpg

And finallllllllllllllly:

dscn429211kj.jpg

I'll lower it eventually (looks alright in the pic as the old rims are in the back), but thats a while off and will probably be done when i do some engine work (will no doubt be a 4age wannabe :y: ).

Is it worth trying to sell the stock rims? They've got a bit of rubber on them still so it'd be a shame to see it wasted :wink:

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions (even bad ones!) :P

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first preference was gonna be some rims off a MA61 Supra Rollayboy, but they went pretty high on ebay, but then i saw these pop up and had to get them, plus they were local. Wasnt a fan of them before, but they've made a huge improvement to the car i reckon! Doesnt quite look like a grandma mobile now :y: I'm in adelaide so we don't have to pass roadworthy etc, so if the tyres don't sell i'll keep them in my shed for "practice" :P

The tyres are 155 R13 78s (78s is the only indication of profile on them - a bit odd) and they are a goodyear "rally S" tyre. Got enough tread on there to keep ya going for a while (will get some pics if anyone wants them). I'm in adelaide though Mr Hardware (just noticed its not on my profile) so it probably wouldnt be worth sending them up! You'd most likely be better off grabbing a set cheap from a used tyre place or something. Would something like $20-$30 per rim & tyre (together) be unreasonable? I've really got no idea what these would go for, but I'm guessing not much at all? :P

Thanks for the comments guys! :wink:

Thanks fayt! :P I wasnt sure how they'd look but now they're on I'm pretty happy with them! The improvement in handling is good also! No chance of smoking the rears now with just the little old 4k in it! :P Will have to address that in due time, but suspension is next :y:

my dad had hotwires on his old ke10, they looked damn good!

its actually for sale now down here in tassie, its a light candy green colour and has white 14x8.5 golbe wheels on it, it looks alright, but it been too overdone in my opinion

have the wheels you got on your car been painted or are they just un-polished?

Lol, yeah they've been cleaned & sprayed. Just gotta work out something for the centre caps.

has white 14x8.5 golbe wheels on it
:y:

I thought 7" on the ke70 was wide......thats bloody huge! Much modification required to fit them under? Would love to see some pics of it! Your KE10 looks sweet too! They really are an awesome shape! :P

Should hopefully have some springs in it shortly, so time will tell how much i'll have to fiddle with the lips....should look good sitting down low on the hotwires though i reckon :P