Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1955 F100

Featured Replies

Hey,

 

I'm 20 and this is my 1955 Ford F100 (deluxe) arrived from the states yesterday after a long 2 months or more wait.

 

This car is amazing. The guy we bought it off has been SLOWLY restoring it for 15 years in his shed in California. The chassis is immaculate, the body is too to match and the brand new 9" diff, suspension tray.

 

Mustang front end suspension which is adjustable, aswell as in the rear.

 

Mustang 302ci 5L V8, at the moment is EFI, but of course i want be keeping that piece of crap and either put a huge 4 barrel carby, or twin carby. I will decide at a later date obviously.

 

I also need to install extractors etc, and the engine just needs a general clean up. I was stoked when i found brand new oil in it though... Impressive.

 

I can't stress enough how straight it is, and how i'm 100% sure it has no rust whatsoever. The most rust I've seen has been in a few of the bolts.

 

I'm not 100% sure on everything as i'm just an amateur at these really. I still have a general idea and mechanical knowledge to get through this project.

 

I have so much more to say but can't be bothered putting it here right now.

Besides the fact that the company that unloaded it from the container damaged the roof, and it's bad. But it's getting fixed and should be ready for paint in a week or two.

 

 

I'm respraying the whole car, in most likely light blue.

 

I have plans but i will discuss later.

  • Author

When i first saw it.

post-10677-0-07298500-1343128258_thumb.jpg

 

I took off the front fenders and front grille.

post-10677-0-74325800-1343128037_thumb.jpg

 

Front grille.

post-10677-0-29684600-1343128094_thumb.jpg

 

Crap load of parts, new rubber kits and all original interior bits.

post-10677-0-94150100-1343128108_thumb.jpg

 

Original bench seat.

post-10677-0-33602300-1343128159_thumb.jpg

 

post-10677-0-65320200-1343128058_thumb.jpg

 

Californian plates are overrated.

post-10677-0-85465800-1343128119_thumb.jpg

 

Engine.

post-10677-0-46716800-1343128198_thumb.jpg

 

Brand new american oak tray.

post-10677-0-73206900-1343128169_thumb.jpg

 

Dented roof.

post-10677-0-46050800-1343128079_thumb.jpg

post-10677-0-95182300-1343128069_thumb.jpg

Man I love these trucks!

So do I!!

 

Such a shame about the roof. Are the transport company paying for repairs?

Looks good.

 

I wouldnt worry too much about the roof.

 

Should pop out fairly easily.

 

Light skim of filler.

 

Bobs ur uncle. ;)

  • Author

So do I!!

 

Such a shame about the roof. Are the transport company paying for repairs?

 

Yeah it was insured, so it's all good, it's just a pain in the arse, as it was perfect.

 

 

Looks good.

 

I wouldnt worry too much about the roof.

 

Should pop out fairly easily.

 

Light skim of filler.

 

Bobs ur uncle. ;)

 

Rather not put any filler into this one, it always sounds a looks easy to just pop out, but it never is.

 

It will be for the company doing it though, they'll heat it up and pop it out nicely, they better do the perfect job.

Problem is although it may pop out easily, they quite often leave a raised crease around where the dent was.. So it has to be either heated and shrunk or hammer and dollied flat..

 

Thought you might like this one :jamie:

 

394598_255294944586919_131193826_n.jpg

 

217886_255295111253569_2071585108_n.jpg

  • Author

Problem is although it may pop out easily, they quite often leave a raised crease around where the dent was.. So it has to be either heated and shrunk or hammer and dollied flat..

 

Thought you might like this one :jamie:

 

394598_255294944586919_131193826_n.jpg

 

217886_255295111253569_2071585108_n.jpg

 

I LOVE this old school beaten up look. It's definitely my favourite.

Yeah i kinda almost regret repairing the body on my white (well now green ke10) if you saw it when i first got it..

 

Thing is though it wouldn't have stayed together if i hadn't repaired it..

 

Also i love the raw metal look, strip the paint back and rub wd40 over it.. Mmm one day! haha

  • Author

Yeah i kinda almost regret repairing the body on my white (well now green ke10) if you saw it when i first got it..

 

Thing is though it wouldn't have stayed together if i hadn't repaired it..

 

Also i love the raw metal look, strip the paint back and rub wd40 over it.. Mmm one day! haha

 

Yeah it's a sweet look. I'll do it one day. My mate has his white lowlight Kombi like it and it's overrated i love it.

 

WIth mine it's going to be pristine. I just heard from the body shop, the body work will be done by tomorrow. And they're spraying it in base coat clear coat which is good, because it's shitty acrylic at the moment.

 

I'll have it back by next week.

 

This is happening a lot faster than i expected.

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Update on this.

 

Chosen and painted a colour. It's Banner Blue (1955 original Ford colour).

 

Hope you like it. Keep in mind once it's all together it will look ten times as good.

  • Author

post-10677-0-72175900-1350290801_thumb.jpg

 

post-10677-0-82953500-1350290817_thumb.jpg

 

post-10677-0-48499800-1350290837_thumb.jpg

 

That's just a little sneak peak.

Oh that's the blue?!?!

That's going to look awesome!!!!👍

  • Author

Oh that's the blue?!?!

That's going to look awesome!!!!

 

Yeah :)

 

It's going to look sweet. More updates to come. This project should be moving very fast for now.

 

Want to get it ready before new years!!

  • 2 weeks later...

So cool man. Love the colour choice. Those California plates look bada$$ too haha 8D

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.