July 26, 201214 yr comment_617908 G'day guys. I'm after ideas.. What turbo, 4cyl motors are readily available and not too expensive? Sr Ca and 4a are not to be mentioned. Any ideas chuck them here! Cheers Edited July 27, 201214 yr by Jono.C Report
July 26, 201214 yr comment_617915 Bite the bullet and build one of those "cheap" 4AGTE's you two were talking about. :P Report
July 26, 201214 yr comment_617920 Or should I say put your money where your mouth is ;) hahaha Report
July 26, 201214 yr comment_617921 G161 from the Gemini, Hey you asked, besides makes a good boat anchor, Or the 4G93 from lancers or excel Report
July 26, 201214 yr comment_617931 any 4clr can be a turbo with a bit of thinking. high compression turbo is where the fun is at. Report
July 26, 201214 yr comment_617935 meh, plenty of high compression turbos running around. you only hear about the ones that explode. Report
July 27, 201214 yr comment_617989 I don't think you should bother with E15 turbos to be honest. Also, you've pretty much cut out all the cheap readily available turbo motors. The only thing I can think of that you might be able to source that might be on the cheap side of things would be the 4EFTE's from import Starlets. Other than that, you do have the 4G63's from Evo's etc, but it isn't likely to be particularly cheap. There's also the B6 and BP Mazda motors, these may be cheaper to source. Found in Familia's (323's) and also Ford TX3's. Report
July 27, 201214 yr comment_617994 Z18s in my experience are remarkably unexvciting. Given their age as well, you'll be paying a bunch of money for spares and tracking down the hard to find bits. E15, wow, you make me sick haha. There's always the Astron, plenty of turbo 2.6's running around. And the Starion motor but I bet bits for those are rare as. Report
July 27, 201214 yr Author comment_618003 4efte excites me but for what they are they're a fair bit of cash Edited July 27, 201214 yr by Jono.C Report
July 27, 201214 yr comment_618006 4efte excites me but for what they are they're a fair bit of cash Well you've changed your tone haven't you. Build one of those cheap GTE's you were talking about. It's a KE10, you don't need turbos :P Report
July 27, 201214 yr Author comment_618012 For a stock motor they're a bit of cash. If I could long motor I'd be cheery. ʞ©$ɟ Will! I don't want a 4ag!!!! Ahaha Report
July 27, 201214 yr comment_618014 after driving low comprsesion turbo for a while (wrx), i get into the 1.8L 7afe of my fiances, and it is 400% better between 1000-3000. sooo much more punch untill about 4500 where it becomes slugish peice of crap. i reckon a turbo 7afe would be a blast. though i suspect simliar to the ca18de + t we did a few yrs back in an ae86, that was wicked fun. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now