Stephens Ke30

rxstephen

Hey everyone i bought this 1977 KE30 about a month ago all the way in Dapto for 900 buks. The car looked in pretty good condition, not much rust, imaculate interior. I had the car stock for about 3 weeks and then came across these black racing wheels, 250 buks for 4 with rubber! Unfortunatly one was buckled so i used only 2 on the fronts. As soon as i got those wheels on i got syked and cut 2 coils off my front springs. IMG_3686.jpg

As soon as i lowered the front i discovered how useless the stock shocks were, s i bought a pair of pedders gas shocks and also a pair of pedders lowered springs. The cars off the road now because of a fuel problem or carbi problem, but hopefully it should be on the road soon

Things to do (hopefully)-

-new struts(prob celica struts) and then new front and back brakes

-lowered leave springs

-shocks for the back

After i get all the suspension fixed, gonna do a engine conversion, either a turbo 5k or 4agze, still tossing up between the 2.

Thanks, Stephen

Edited by rxstephen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good, gl with it :)

id say get a turbo 5k, free power :)

plus when people ask what kind of engine it has and they don't know much about different names of engines then if you say it has a 4agze they would be like :y: but if you say it's been turbo'd then everyone will know what that is and they'll be like :P

but we know what they are so do what you think is best/easiest/coolest :)

pity about the wheels though

Hey guys thanks for the advice.

Well the reason ive wanted to do a 5k turbo conversion instead of the 4agze is because ive heard its so much easier to convert. With a 4agze u have to get crossmembers, change gearbox etc. And I'm not really 100% sure of how to do that. However, ive always wanted a supercharged motor in my car, it would add alot more power to my car. Is it really that hard to put crossmembers, change gearbox etc? Also which is the cheaper option?

Thanks, Stephen

cheaper is definitely a 5k

crossmembers bolt in, and you just need to get the ae71 crossmember and the t50 gearbox.

the t50 wont hold up long under the torque of the gze however it will get you moving, a w5x is the next option in gearboxes, and that will require more work.

so your leaning towards a 5k with forced induction? yes?

and youve always liked the idea of a supercharged engine in your car ?yes?

why not supercharge a 5k?

it would be the easiest and cheapest option in my opinion, and k gearboxes and diffs are relatively cheap and easy to get, even if you will break a few doing silly things with a turbo'd or supercharged 5k

hope this helps

ye thanks heaps

I'm just curios if a worked 5k motor will have the power I'm looking for, around 120/130 kw range? The the only uncertanty i have is if i have a worked 5k, and its not giving the power i want. This will then lead me to another engine conversion, and i really don't want to make the mistake of doing 2 engine conversions.

um, I'm not sure what i 5k will make, but i think you would be pushing it to make 130 kw.....someone with some more experience would be able to tell u more definitively

but in a ke30 130kw would be bloody scary!

converting to a 5k really is not a big conversion as its still carby and bolts right in

um, I'm not sure what i 5k will make, but i think you would be pushing it to make 130 kw.....someone with some more experience would be able to tell u more definitively

but in a ke30 130kw would be bloody scary!

converting to a 5k really is not a big conversion as its still carby and bolts right in, you could think of it as a inbetween stage if the 5k doesnt give a big enough kick in the pants :P

To build up a strong 5K.. talk to Xany on here.. or the S/C 5K, talk to Rolla Boy.

But if you wanna spend money to get decent figures, go the 4AGE option, but if it's just a simple upgrade with a little kick.. the 5K with SOME work will be cool. But I think you had HP in mind... didn't you?

Well the 5K is definitely a noticeable improvement over the 3K... so with a few basic mods... you should be happy with that.

Carbies, cam, head, exhaust and a couple of other light extras and you should be rockin like a moroccon! :D hehe