4Age Nonsense

fumeck

hey all, just picked up a 4agze for nice and cheap!

I'm going to turbo it but first i need to replace the rings and main bearings.

i have an n/a 16v 4age now

I'm wondering can i put the na head on the gze block? also can i use the same loom

silly questions but I'm wanting the best advice at the right price ;)

cheers-Luke

Members dont see this ad

Hey Luke, the heads are fine to swap, as long as they are the same (big/small port) although the camshafts had different lift and duration, does the gze loom have any extra sensors over the 4age? I can't remember.

Club4ag.com has alot of useful specs on the 4a series.

Edited by ae824ate

Hey guys , I don't actually have the gze loom so I wouldn't know. I was hoping to use just the big port head on the gze block and go from there. Would you know if I can just straight swap the cams or would I be opening a can of worms. As far as the ecu goes I was talking to Sam from razorback he can do me one for 350

I'm guessing the gze i got is an earlier one its a smallport gze with a dizzy, as far as I'm aware i haf to get a dizzy relocation kit and run coils but i don't know what a cas is haha i sound so new but ive never dealt with a smallport or gze before

The early dizzy 4AGZEs were all bigport, the later bigports and all the smallport ones were DLI/CAS (Distributor-Less Ignition/Crank Angle Sensor).

I think you should double-check exactly what you have now before you go start buying things that may be worse than what you already have, or even exactly the same....