Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Any Msd Guru's That Can Help Me Out?

Featured Replies

Hey guys, I have searched and can't find the info I'm chasing,

 

Basically I'm going to be running and engine some what like a 4age 20v with the distributer on the back of the head, to fit this into my ae71 I need to get a stand alone ignition system that uses a crank angle sensor,

 

My main question is,

Will a MSD 6AL do the job, will it run coil packs, can I run a knock sensor, will it even run the crank angle sensor,

 

The reason I'm trying to stay away from a full after market computer is its going to be carb'd and I'm looking for a more old school DIY tunable approach

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

 

Thanks in advance, Casey

contact MSD and ask them

 

my old 1g on the gas in the 70 used to run a mallory, it wasnt particularly tuneable but i think you can get an up market version which is more tunable, always made plenty of power for me though ;)

Massive spark too, with a lead off the electricity would ark across the whole engine in blue tendrils...

  • Author

Ohk, so that wasn't running a dizzy?

what you want to do a 6al wont do..

pm. me::

Aftermarket booster ignition boxes may provide a "better" spark but don't handle distribution to the cylinders.

Newer ones can have rev limiters and programmable ignition curves but at a cost.

 

Pickups - depends on output signal of pickup

They can only run a single coil

Doubt it can run a knock sensor to retard timing

Edited by styler

^Ah correction... Only thing is they seem to have set ignition curves and are not tunable but not a bad idea otherwise

either on a wasted spark or channel per coil setup. Damn $600ea plus the rest of the parts hmmmm thats close on ignition

only aftermarket ecu which is programmable though...

Edited by styler

MMM, good point, I was still running a dizzy with a hall effect sensor, but i think it could have been fed by a number of things...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.