Toyota Aurion

Xany

Members dont see this ad

Looks alright, kinda looks like a nicer Avalon. Knowing Toyota it'll probably be FWD, and be more of a direct competitor to the Mitsubishi 380 than it would be the Falcodore...

Gday,

Just wondering what you guys thought of this....

Toyota Aurion

No mention of drivetrain though.....which makes me think it might be another avalon.....you never know though.

Pity it's just the V6 Camry. If you search around on the Net or look in Wheels it shows the new Camry, which looks exactly like the basic Aurion. The Camry will be 4-cylinder only (2.4L) and the Aurion will take over from the Avalon and Camry V6.

The 3.5L V6 is the same as the one in the IS350. The supercharged version sounds exciting, I'd guess it'll have about 240-250kW. Pity it's going to be FWD though. AWD would have been okay, RWD would have been better. The car won't ever outsell Commodore or Falcon. The Camry might though.

Anyone notice how similar AVALON and AURION look on the numberplate in the webcast?

Every Commodore and Falcon comes with traction control now.

Toyota should have bit the bullet and built a cheaper version of the GS350, offering a manual version as well as an auto (using the IS350 6-speed transmission), and called the car the Cressida. They would have sold a tonne of them. Plus they could also easily build a cheaper version of the GS430 too and had a premium V8 to compete with Calais and Fairlane, even if they don't have an SS or XR8 competitor. I hope they don't think a FWD car is going to excite people in the same way the SS or XR8 do.