Sprung Lsd Diff In My Ke35

Hillbilly

I want my diff attached to my chasis. Is there anyone who has done this before? Are there any cars with 4.3 or 4.4 ratio sprung LSD diffs? Given that I have access to a machine shop, what else can I do? I have had some interesting ideas involving a couple of AE82 driveshafts. Will a landcruiser lsd diff center bolt onto a std rolla diff?

Thanks, Ben

Members dont see this ad
I want my diff attached to my chasis.

Easy!

I have had some interesting ideas involving a couple of AE82 driveshafts.

Hard!

There's probably plenty of IRS diff you could use, the Datsun 1600 springs to mind instanly as you can get clutch-pack LSDs for them. Take the whole Datsun rear suspension and make it fit. Its not the best design, very similar to early BMWs & it has a lot of camber change with ride-height.

or how about other small sportcars.. early MX5? or Suzuki Jimny and those small 4WDs. Third option would be the many 4WD saloons from the 1980s/90s that never came to Aussie. I had a Nissan Wingroad wagon that had a lovely IRS. Toyota Corollas, Honda Civics, Nissans.. they all had 4WD versions. Transplant the whole rear end.

The hardest thing will be cutting out the whole rear pan and making the suspension mounts fit. A great challenge!

I don't understand the whole "1600's handle awesome" theory. After all the bagging dad gave me about cart springs in my 11, he's 1600 is very disappointing!!

If they are all that great why do people change them over to "de-dion" style Alfa rear ends?

1: They're not in/ for a ke10

2: I'm not actually running them, i was inquiring about them. Kyle, who i bought them off used them with no faults a while before i bought them..

3: Shocks are a bit different than a whole rear end.. takes 15 minutes to change a pair of shocks

Yeah but 1968 suspension is 1968 suspension either way you look it.. Why put something 40 years old in your car when you can pick something more readily available and better thought out/ engineered..