Starter Motor 4Ac/4Age - T50

frosty

Couldnt find an answer so ..

Quick question as i need to hit wrecker this arvo.

Starter motor for 4Age RWD ( converted ae82) with T50.

Will a rwd 4AC starter motor fit this ^^ and work?? ( ... local guy has a 4AC AE71 in the yard)

**edit ... big port / small port ... same starter ??

thanks

Edited by frosty

Members dont see this ad

The AE92/93 4AGE starter mentioned above and detailed here is reasonably difficult to source.

A few sections cut from a thread I made on Toymods in 2008.

http://www.toymods.o...-clarified.html

DO NOT RELY ON THE AFTERMARKET PART NUMBER BELOW WITHOUT CHECKING TO YOUR SATISFACTION BEFORE ORDERING. THAT PART NUMBER WAS CORRECT IN 2008 AND THERE WAS EVIDENCE IT HAD CHANGED AND SPECIFICATION ALSO CHANGED.

recently asked to identify the source of my reduction starter which C2888 quickly looked up on his EPC as 28100-15190 STARTER ASSY 4AGE..AE92 12V 0.8KW.

http://toymods.net/f...read.php?t=1418

Once I posted pics there was scepticism as to whether it really was a reduction starter. So to clarify see below. The advantage of this starter is that is significantly lighter and much less bulky than a conventional starter. 2.855kg vs 4.335 kg. It is much easier to get in and out of the bellhousing, plus it makes a nice noisewink.png .

Click on the photo's for a larger image.

This is a direct comparison of the reduction starter (bottom) and a conventional 4age starter (top). Note the external thru bolts for the reduction starter.

starterfs3.th.jpg

This one compares the size and layout of the starter drives, again bottom is reduction.

starter2xx5.th.jpg

This one shows the actual reduction gears which sit within a nylon? outer fixed gear. The three small reduction gears are fixed to the centre plate which is continuous with the starter output shaft.

starter3td2.th.jpg

Have had a couple of queries about this after it was referenced on another forum, so have reloaded the photo's.

Also note you can buy them remanufactured in Australia. OEX enduro part number RXS462. These are apparently available through Repco. I got mine at pickapart. I have yet to use it, but it certainly looks identical externally, just lacks the heat shield.

I also notice that the 20 valve starters look to have the same design albeit with an altered chassis section to bolt to the 20 valve. A 20 valve starter will not bolt to the 16 valve unless you swap the workings into the 16 valve chassis. By chassis, I mean the section that adapts the starter to a given bellhousing.

Edited by parrot
  • Upvote 2