Uprighting A 4K

oldie

Members dont see this ad

Fitting the engine in another car and the carb almost fouls on the suspension and the ex. manifold could use a little more room to fit the pipes so thought that if I upright it about half way it would give me clearance.

The 4k will fit in a minor,it is done quite often but yes,the datsun is the more common conversion.It will fit mounted at its proper angle but it just makes the transition of the exhaust from the manifold very tight,often people fit custom made extractors but I was looking for an easy out,how lazy of me!!

Fitting the engine in another car and the carb almost fouls on the suspension and the ex. manifold could use a little more room to fit the pipes so thought that if I upright it about half way it would give me clearance.

lots of room Pete ...

post-226-0-34404100-1350862930_thumb.jpg

certainly is plenty of room if you are going to fab yourself custom extractors etc. but if you try to use the original ex. manifold the angles the engine pipe has to be to line up with the original manifold outlet are quite extreme,I know this because I already have a 4k set up in another minor and that was my main issue.Just thought that by uprighting a little I could reduce the angle and use an original exhaust.

By the way,nice pic,I like how you set the alternator up.